Training

"Break it with your power" My mom said sternly. I don't know how to control it or trigger it really. 

"Mom what you are asking is near impossible, I can't control it" I told her, she furrowed her brows and crossed her arms, "Not with that attitude you can't"

"Alright then how do I get is going, or trigger them?" I questioned.

"You get angry, or feel another really strong emotion" She uncrossed her arms "You need to feel it, and then you have to direct it on one thing, in this case the jar focus your energy on the jar" Okay sounds simple enough. Focus my energy alright I can do that. But get angry, or emotional. I can't just flick a switch and do that.

I stood there about twenty feet away from the stone with the jar on top of it, my mom another 30 feet behind me. I closed my eyes and focused, I focused on the jar. I felt a gust of wind blow though the canyon, the wind made my hair sway on my shoulders, the cold air hitting my face. It felt good, like I was free of all my problems even if I am far from.

We have been out here for about 2 hours and I am not getting anything! "Remember y/n, focus." My mom kept repeating, like a mantra.

"I am Trying To Focus!" I was getting frustrated.

"TRY HARDER!" My mom yelled back and I was angry. Angry that my mom isn't much help with this, angry that I couldn't break one stupid jar, angry that W.I.C.K.E.D is still trying to find us. I hate it all.

"focus" My mom said "keep your focus" She sat in the car now "Chanel all your anger you have bottled up. Anger for W.I.C.K.E.D anger for anyone who has ever hurt you" 

I raised my hands out in front of my body, balled in tight fists. I started to think, W.I.C.K.E.D put us all in the maze, they tested on us since we were little kids, they are the reason that many of my friends have died. They are the reason that we are on the run. They killed my soul, they killed Winston, Jack...Chuck...Alby...Ben. I unclenched my fists and screamed in anger and pain, my arms jerked forward a bit, I still didn't open my eyes until I heard a 'Crash' from the jar breaking. I slowly opened my eyes first my right then my left. I saw the jar shattered in pieces on the rock, I lowered my arms and turned around to my mom. She got out of the car and looked at the jar then back at me, she had the biggest grin on her face "You did it" She said walking over to me and giving me a side hug.

"Now lets see if you can do it again" She said and walked over to her duffel bag and pulled out another jar but this one was bigger. She placed it on the same stone as before. "Alright do what you did before and try to break this one"

"Alright lets do this" I said and she walked back and got in the car again for safety reasons. I got back into the stance I was in before, my hands in fists in front of me and my eyes closed. I started to think again about the same things. But then somehow I got to thinking about that night in the scorch where we had to out run lighting to get into Jorge's warehouse. I was struck by direct lighting and didn't even phase me. How did I do that?

I lowered my hands and opened my eyes and turned back to my mom she looked at me confused "What is it? Whats wrong?"

"Mom there was a night in the scorch and I saved Minho's life. I was struck by lighting, and it didn't even phase me. I didn't die, I didn't even pass out or fall the the ground. It didn't hurt at all. But then a few minutes later we got into a warehouse and someone made me sort of angry and small jolts of electricity flew from my hands and struck the dirt floor. Mom how did I do that?" I explained hoping she might have an answer.

"Well..I know a bit more about your power then I let on, I still don't know much but they are tied into the earth. Natural elements make you stronger, the lighting, you absorbed it, you took all its energy and electricity and used it as your own. You probably still have it in your system too. You can siphon power from nature, like lighting, water, wind etcetera. We can try and use it now if you feel up to it" My eyes widened as she explained, it is kinda awesome. I can use nature to make me stronger.