The Mourning of a Dear Friend

Warning this chapter just might hit you in the feels...might

Back in the Glade

Newt's POV

"Has anyone tried going in the box when it goes back down?" Thomas asked he's trying to figure a way out of this place that doesn't involve going in the maze. "Tried it the box won't go down with someone in it" I told him while I was wrapping some plants around a pole.

"You, tried climbing to the top of the walls?" Tommy asked while still not doing any work we are supposed to be tending to the garden well me and Zart are the only ones doing it seeing as Thomas isn't any help. 

"We've tried it the ivy isn't strong enough at the top, and besides where are you going to go from there?" I told him. 

Wel--I cut him off "Anything you say we've tried okay, the only way out is through the maze. Look do you want to be helpful?  Ya, go dig us up some more fertilizer" I said while tossing a bin and a shovel at him he caught it, barley. He started to walk into the forest tripping on a upturned root on the way. Zart looked up at me and started laughing "That greenie is going to have a hard time here Aye?" "Oh Yeah he is" I responded while laughing with Zart. 

"NEWT!" I turned around it was Y/N.

"What is it love what wrong?" I said while walking away from the gardens toward her. 

"Have y-ou seen Ben? We were running t-t-then a g-griever came and a-t-tacked us and I k-illed it and then Ben w-as gone" y/n said inbetween gasping breaths it was obvious she ran as fast as she could to the glade.

"Woah slow down breath, you killed a griever? Ben's missing?" I asked while grabbing her shoulder. 

"HELP, HELP!!" It was coming from the forest I looked over and it was Tommy his was running from Ben then Ben tackled him I grabbed my shovel and ran at them I whacked Ben in the head with it and he rolled off Thomas. 

"NEWT! You just hit him in the head with a shovel!" y/n yelled at me "Yeah I did because he was attacking Thomas!" I yelled back.

"Hold Him Down!" It was Gally then I helped there was at least 5 boys holding him down.

"What happened?" Alby asked Thomas. "I don't Know he just attacked me" he said he was scared and confused.

"Lift Up His Shirt" Alby ordered. We listed his shirt to reveal the hole in his abdomen and the black and blue veins around it. "Please Alby, I'm sorry I didn't mean to" Ben said pleading and sobbing "He's been stung" I said. "In the middle of the day?" Gally asked looking to Alby we were all very confused. I looked to Y/N she was in tears.

"Take him to the pits!" Then a group of boys started to pick Ben up and carry him away. "NO PLEASE ALBY!" Ben kept yelling through his tears. 

I got up and walked over to y/n I wrapped my arms around her she leaned her head on my shoulder she was still crying.

"What the hell was that?!" Thomas asked looking shocked at them carrying Ben away. "He was stung my a griever. Now what did he tell you greenie?"  Alby said "He wasn't making much sense he was saying its my fault" Thomas said. Then Alby nodded and started to walk away. "Keeper meeting NOW!" Alby said while walking to the council hall. "And Y/N you stay here with the greenie your not going to this meeting" Alby said and I glared at him.