...Newt

Sorry random song at the top. I just heard it and thought it was really pretty. And it hit me in the feels, goosebumps and all. Along with a few tears.

Oh and this chapter might be a bit shorter than normal, sorry. BUUUUUTTT I'm thinking of updating another part later today, Maybe, that is if I finish it before it is to late and I get tired.

"Okay, Newt, Y/N? We gotta get going" Thomas announced walking over to me and Newt before stopping "Wait, whats with the ring?" He asked looking at my hand.

"Oh...uh Newt" Was all I said and he smiled "Well you son of a bitch you finally did it, you asked her. Now. You couldn't have had worse timing" Thomas joked lightly punching Newt's shoulder.

"Tommy M-mate, I've got something for you too" Newt heaved reaching for his neck while Thomas started helping him to his feet.
"Newt you can give it to me later"

"n-no" Newt said struggling to rip the necklace of of his black vein filled neck. He finally ripped it off. "Here Tommy" He reached his hand out for Thomas to take it from him. "n-no Newt" 

"Just bloody take it" Newt said but Tommy didn't listen he was still trying to get Newt to cooperate and get up. 

"JUST TAKE IT!" Newt yelled and we all stopped at the sudden snap Newt's eyes looked crazed but then softened "please" He said still holding out the small cylinder handing from the tattered string that was around his neck. Thomas grabbed the necklace from his best friend and put it in his pocket.

"Okay Newt, we need to go" Thomas said getting his shoulder underneath one of Newts.

"just leave me mate, I don't want to h-hurt you guys" Newt said and my heart shattered. He was giving up.

"No Newt! We are NOT leaving you. You promised. You promised you would fight, shuck you just gave me wedding rings!" I yelled tears pooling in my eyes. Newt looked at me with his now black eyes. But there were tears in his. Almost as much as mine.

"I'm sorry, s-sorry, I just" He paused for breath "I just, I can't hurt you. Or Tommy"

"Newt you won't okay? We are almost there okay, only a few more blocks" Thomas urged and Newt gave a weak smile and nodded, head head slowly moved to the side and he drifted back into a daze. Thomas and I took this as our answer and we both picked him up off the ground and started walking. 

Newt was getting heavier in our arms, he was barley walking. His limp was slowing him down so much he was practically dragging his left leg. He was grunting and groaning with every small movement.

"Newt, you have to help when walking, you are making it way harder on Thomas and I" I commented trying to lift Newt higher in my arms with no affect. Newt seemed to not hear me because he didn't do anything to change how he was moving.

Newt's POV

Tommy and Y/N, they are dragging me through the streets. I can see where we are going and what is going on but my body is just getting so weak. I don't even have enough strength to hack up the black liquid filling my lungs...over flowing my lungs. I feel like I'm drowning from the inside out.  I can hear Y/N saying something to me but I cant decipher the words, it sounds muffled. Like I'm underwater and she is speaking. You can hear that it is there voice but you don't know what they are saying.

I'm in one of my dazes, they are getting harder and harder to break out of. Near impossible.

I'm not going to make it out of this bloody city and I know it. 
I am also scared that I will go full crank soon. I could hurt Tommy, or Y/N. Like in the horrible nightmares I get occasionally. They are terrible I end up killing everyone I love and care about. I can not let that become a reality.

Y/N POV

Thomas and I are now struggling with Newt as we walk into a big open square it looks like. It is a mostly clear area. Not many obstacles to have to shuffle around and over.

Then I felt my shoulder jerk down as Newt's body turned into full dead weight. He was wheezing, panting. His breathing was fast and raspy. Like something was blocking part of his airway.

"Newt!?" I yelled trying to lift Newt back up higher and Thomas was trying to help but his shoulder was being weighed down too. Every attempt to try and get Newt up on his feet again only made him heavier and drop lower until he fell out of our arms.

"Newt!? Common buddy. We need to keep moving" Thomas yelled then tripped and feel on his back. Newt was laying on his back on the ground breathing shallow and quick breaths.

"Thomas! Help Me!" I yelled at my brother and we both gripped underneath Newt's arms and tried to pull him, drag him anything but he just felt heavier. Way heavier then I could ever remember. 

"No Newt, we are not doing this you need to get up!" Thomas yelled his voice strained, the veins on his neck looking more prominent from pulling Newts body unsuccessfully.

After using all the strength we could muster up pulling Newt all of ten feet we fell to the ground and I crawled over to Newt's motionless body. I placed my head on his chest to hear his heartbeat.

'......thump...........thump......................thump...............................thump'

It beat faintly, getting slower by the moment.

"Thomas! We're Losing Him. What Do We Do!?" I screamed and Thomas was standing up looking around like he was going to find some magic answer in the sky.

"THOMAS!" I yelled and he looked at me "What Do We Do?!"

"I-I don't know" He stuttered.

"Hey, Let Me Try!" I heard a voice yell and I looked to the head of the square and saw Jayden. He got out of WICKED somehow. I felt a flicker of hope ignite inside of me seeing him. 

"Yeah? And who are you?" Thomas yelled not letting Jayden get any closer.

"Tommy back down. He's a friend" I smiled softly "Its Jayden"

"Hey Y/N" He greeted "Let me see what I can do" He kneeled down beside Newt and grabbed his hand. He was going to try and heal him.