Choices ( Chapter 7 )

Amaya's POV

We were there, sitting in the cafeteria. Eating and chatting peacefully to each other. Louis and I solved the problem with our friendship and now, we have a new member which is Liam. Even though we're happy to have a new friend, I doubt anyone else aside from us are happy. I could sense people eyeing on our group of friends. Glaring at us with bad intentions. I don't want to judge people so I ignore it.

Amaya : Guys, I'll just go get some water.
Zhari : Okay sure. Be back quickly, lunch time is almost done.
Anaya : Don't worry I won't take that long.

I went ahead rushing because of what Zhari said. They might leave me already if I took too long. As I reached the water dispenser, I saw a familiar sight. It was a girl from my class. She was known all over the school. I think her name was Courtney. She's the most popular girl in our school. I envy her sometimes. Just then.

Courtney : Hi, I'm Courtney - O MY GOD!

Courtney tripped and her water splashed all over me.

Courtney : I'm SO sorry. I didn't mean to.
Amaya : No it's ok. It's not your fault. You tripped over so it's an accident.
Louis : Or is it. What's going on here?
Amaya : She tripped over and splashed her water on me. It's an accident.
Louis : I don't think so.
Courtney : Are you saying that I'm lying. Who are you to tell me that.
Louis : My name is Louis Stanford. I'm Amaya's best friend and I have every right to call my attorney right now.
Courtney : Oh really?  Don't you know who I am?
Louis : No. Do I need to?
Courtney : How dare you. I'm the daughter of the founder of Norivo Trading Company.
Louis : Just because your rich doesn't mean this school is yours to control. "

Just as they were arguing an unfamiliar boy went in their conversation.

Axcel : What's going on here, Courtney? Louis : Oh hi, handsome

Louis : Oh hi, handsome.
Courtney : Axcel, didn't I tell you not to talk to me.
Louis : Hey, who are you to talk to a handsome boy like that.
Axcel's : First of all he's not that handsome and second it's not even his or your business.
Zhari : Louis maybe we should settle this. It's just an accident.
Hariet : She's right. Courtney is not at fault. It's Amaya that keeps getting in the way.
Zhari : What do you mean?
Courtney : Let's go, Hariet. These bunch of freaks are worth nothing.
Courtney : Hey, maybe you should apologize to her. That's a mean thing to say.
Courtney : Liam, why are you hanging out with them, anyway. You know you can come with us.
Louis : Liam's with us.
Hariet : Liam, choose. Is it Amaya and her friends or us?
Liam : But I just met you. How am I supposed to choose?
Courtney : Liam. Just choose.

Hearing that word made me feel dizzy. The world became blurry and I can't see clearly. But what I didn't know is that those words we're connected to a vivid memory.

*flashback*

Sarah : Caster, just choose

Caster : I don't want to choose between work and family.
Sarah : No, it's either you stay and help me take care of Amaya or you go and never come back.
Caster Sarah, please reconsider.
Sarah : NO, CHOOSE!!
*flashback ends*