No More Secrets (Chapter 23)

Liam's POV

Amaya and I walked to her house. As usual, its for a training with Aris. What isn't usual is that guy we met earlier. I don't think Amaya knows him so why did he say it was nice meeting her again? Were they good friends when they were young? Or is he a complete weird stranger. Who does he think he is talking to Amaya like they were so close. I doubt that he knows a lot about Amaya. I know a lot about Amaya that's for sure. My thoughts were suddenly disturbed when Amaya called me.

"Hey Liam?"
"What is it, Amaya?"
"Why is your hand still on my shoulder?"
"Oh! Sorry about that."

I removed my hand, embarrassed

"Its fine. Is there something wrong? Its seems like your still in deep thought."
"I-its nothing. I'm just wondering what we will do for training today."
"If you say so."
"Hey Amaya, can I ask you something?"
"Yeah sure."
"Do you know that guy we met earlier?"
"You mean Ian? Well I actually don't know. He seems like he knows me though."
"Oh okay."
"Why do you ask?"
"Nothing, I was just curious."

After the conversation, we were stuck in a long awkward silence. Its not like its the first time this happens but everytime it does, I just feel a bit uncomfortable.

A while later, we reached her house and went inside only finding an injured man lying on  her couch and Aris beside him.

" Aris, who's that? "
" You haven't met him? "

We took a look closer and we knew who it is.

" Ian? "
" What happened to him? "
" He had a fight. "
" With who? "
" Our enemy. "
" Are you saying he's a Titunite?"
" You may not know this but there are many Titunites around you much more protect you. "
" Who is our enemy anyway? "
" He's someone really powerful enough to destroy a kingdom. "
" That's not the answer I'm looking for. "
" I don't know his name. "
" Are you certain? "
" Indeed, I am. "
" Is he gonna be ok? "
" He will. You may not remember but he's the King of Healingord. "
" What? Then Zhari... "
" You're right. "
" And all this years, she's been lying to me."

I was about to calm down Amaya but a familiar face came to view. Zhari.

" I didn't lie to you. I just didn't tell you."
" Why didn't you. "
" It's to protect you. "
" From what?! "
" From all this craziness, Amaya! I want you to think of me as your friend not some bodyguard. I want you to trust me. "
" I trust you. "
" Really. Well it's settled then. Come on girl, come out. "
" Wait, what? "

After that crazy talk to our surprise another Zhari came out. "

" Ok what's going on. "

When she said that Zhari # 1 changed. I meant her whole body changed. And in under a second he became......

" Louis? "
" Hahahahaha. Your reaction is priceless."
" I told you. "
" Wh- what's going on? "
" It's time I introduce myself again, Your Highness. "
" My name is Louis Stanford. A shapeshifter from Luxenburg. "
" You're kidding. "
" Didn't you see what I did earlier? That was real. "
" Louis, it's just an expression. "

I looked at Amaya. She is looking at them still with a surprised expression on her face. Just then another voice came into the conversation.

" I'm sorry we startled you. "
" You're awake? "

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hey! Yeah, they're all titunites. Well, it's pretty obvious on the previous chapter.

But anyway, please give FATEFUL ENGAGEMENT a read. I'm telling you. It's worth it. I give so much effort in it.

I'll see you on Friday. Love ya!