Stolen Memories (Chapter 9)

Liam's POV

I started walking home and I have this feeling. I feel like I'm attached to Amaya somehow. Every time she's away I can't tell if my heart is even beating. Once I woke up in the morning or when I go to sleep she's all I can think of. Every morning, every night, every step I take, I get this feeling that she's my other half. Is this the feeling called "love"? Cause if it is I want to experience this with her. It might be too sudden because I just met her. I have a feeling that we've met somewhere in the past. Should I tell her? Should I confess?

Just then my body began to move. I turned back and I felt like an arrow aiming for her. I ran back to her and I will tell her how I feel. When I stopped at her front door, I raised my hand to knock. But I heard two voices. Amaya said she live alone. Who could that be? I can hear what they are saying.

Amaya : Aris, I'm having this kind of flashbacks. It's like a part of my memory.

Flashbacks? Is that normal for people?

Amaya : I can't also help but faint and lose control of my power.

Power? Who is she? And who is she talking to? Is that what happened when she stomped on the floor and left a crack? Also when she fainted when Courtney and Louis we're arguing?

Aris : Memory malfunction is normal for Titunites when they leave the planet or when they travel another dimension. Especially when they're young. There will be fractures of memories but it can be easily remembered if you really know why you want to get back those memories.

Memory malfunction? Titunite?

Amaya : Memory malfunction? "
Aris : Some Titunite call it as a curse, some call it a blessing but we call it as control. Having those flashbacks is the only way to control your power.
Amaya : How am I suppose to remember?
Aris : Close your eyes.

Amaya closed her eyes as she drifted to sleep. Then her companion turned his head and looked at me. I hid at the side of the window hoping he didn't see me. The second that I saw his face. No it's not a face. It's not a person. It's just a shadow.

" I know you're there, Titunite. You don't have to hide. "

H-he saw me! He knows who I am!

Aris : Yes, I know who you are, young man. You are from a kingdom called Magitide in Titus. I know you're also a Titunite and now you know we are Titunites too.

I don't know what do. I'm frozen.

Aris : Liam, I can help you. I can help you turn back from you're past. I also know what happened to your mom.

Mom? She's dead.

Aris : What if I told you that she died in a different way you thought. Come in and let's have a chat.

I did as he told because I'm curious. Mom died in an accident. It's impossible for it to be something else.

Then the door suddenly opened and I walked in the house with hesitation.

Liam : What happened to Amaya?
Aris : For now, she's in a deep sleep trying to bring back her memories. Right now you will too.
Liam : What happened to my mom?
Aris : I know what you're thinking. You thought it's an accident. Young man, think. Do you really think that your dad has been creating new potions day and night just for work? No, it's part of something else. Do you really think that all your memories are genuine? Come here and let me help you remember.

I looked at Aris and before I knew it I'm not in Amaya's house. I'm in Magitide.

*Flashback*
Aris : What you can see right now is your missing memory. Look closer and remember clearly.

Lumina: Caster, please don't.
Caster : You won't spoil my plan, Lumina. You know I'm fighting for the greater good.
Lumina : There will be no greater good if you continue your plan.
Felix : Put her down, Caster or else I have no other choice but shoot.
Caster : Oh, it's Felix. Acting so mighty again. You do know that you won't be able to kill me.
Felix : If you ever touch my family again. I would kill you.
Caster : Lumina, don't worry. I would die someday but you won't live to see it and neither would he.
Liam : Mom? Dad?

I saw my parents and a strange man together having a confrontation. My mom was held by the man with a dagger on her neck. And my dad has a crossbow pointing at him. And I just stood there beside the open door, frightened at the situation.

Felix : Liam! Get out of here!
Lumina : Liam. I love you.
Felix : Lumina!
Liam : Mom!

Just then the strange man slashed my mom's throat with the dagger and I saw her fall to her knees and into the ground. My dad shot the crossbow at the man but he dodged the arrow with great agility. As I saw my mom's blood spilling in the floor, tears began to fall from my eyes. Then my dad picked me up and ran with all his strength.

Felix : Liam, let's go!
Liam : Noo! Mom!
* Flashback ends*

I'm back once again in Amaya's house and saw Aris staring at me.

Aris : Do you remember now?
Liam : How did I forget?
Aris : Hmmmmm.......Maybe this will help you remember. Let's go back, shall we?

*flashback*
And again my mind is somewhere else. The place looks familiar. I saw my dad and I remembered the place. I'm in the Magic Shop.

Felix : Liam, you can't live like me, broken.
Liam : Dad? What happened to mom? Is she dead? Dad we have to get her back.
Felix : There's no getting her back.
Liam : There has to be a way.
Felix :You know, there is.

My dad got up and took a potion from his shop.

Felix : Drink this and mom will be back for you.
Liam : Really?
Felix : Yes, Liam. Drink it.

I drank the potion without hesitation.
* Flashback ends*

I went back and saw Amaya staring at me with confusion and crying?

Liam : Amaya?