Stakeout (Chapter 26)

Courtney's POV

Next day

Another day, another chance to spend time with Liam. We haven't hang out these days so I'll make all worth while. Where do you think he is? I've been in school since like 5:30 and I can't find him anywhere. Oh wait, there he is. As I'm about to greet him, some people came up to him and they started walking together. It's those annoying little brats again. What is he doing hanging out with them anyway. They're not as popular as me. As I was looking at them disgustingly, someone tapped on my shoulder and I turned around finding it is one of my minions, Hariet.

" What are you doing? Stalking him again, huh? "
" For your information, it's not stalking. Stalking is finding out about someone secretly for a gossip. "
" Exactly. That's what you're doing. "
" Whatever. Where's Candy? "
" So you care for her now? "
" No, cause it's the first time no one opposes me. "
" She's probably in the classroom, let's go. "

As class finally started which is as boring as ever. Axcel annoyingly became my lab partner.

" Hey pretty, we must be meant to be and destined to be with each other. "
" Yeah, I can't believe I'm destined to be with such disgusting loser. "
"Don't be like that. Don't you know anything about love? "
" I know many things about love but I'm not so low to love someone like you. "
" That's one of the reasons why I love you. Pretending not to like me when you actually do. "
" You don't get it do you? "
" Shh! Stop talking and start working! "
"Whatever."

After chemistry class, It was lunch time already. As usual, Axcel was always tagging along behind even if I didn't tell him he may come.

" Why are you following me again? "
" I need to ask if I can come to your house for the chemistry project. "
" You only want to come to my house to flirt with me. "
" Well, that and the project. "
" In that case I won't invite you. "
" Then I'll call your dad instead. "
" Alright, fine. But just for that project. "
" I know we got good chemistry. "
" Very funny. Where's Liam? "
" Why are you look-"

I didn't hear the next words he said and I ran quickly to Liam who's by his locker.

" Hey! So your brother is going to come over to my house. Wanna join? "
" Oh, sorry. I have something to do after school, today. Maybe next time. "

He walked away just like that. How dare he!

" It's just for a project don't be so worked up. "
" Yeah, right. "

I went to the cafeteria, finding my minions waiting for me.

" Well, you look like in a bad mood. "
" Tell me about it. So, Liam declined my offer in coming over to my house and the worst part is that Axcel is going for a "project". I can't believe it. "
" Come on. Axcel is cute. "
" I like Liam better. "
" I heard he's going with Amaya after school. "
" What?! "
" Oh, here we go. "
" That filthy slut. "
" What are you gonna do? "
" You know what I would do. "
" Courtney, don't. "
" Or what? You're gonna tell dad? Cause that didn't work the last time. "
" We're gonna find out what they're really up to. "
" You got it, girl. "
" Courtney Brooks never loses on some bitch. "
" Umh, what about Axcel? "
" Never mind him. "
" Liam's more important. "

After lunch there's gym class. And as always, I see Liam playing basketball. I looked at my left and some girls are fangirling over him. He's such a heartthrob, but he's also mine.

" Hey, cutie. "
" Hey. "
" Let me wipe those sweat off you. "
" No, it's ok. I got it. I'll catch you later. "

He ran away and went to.. who's that?

" So, they're still hanging out even in school. "
" Tell me about it. One day, he'll be running to me. "

I walk away and started my laps. After that, we were in the locker room.

" He's so cute. I want to pinch those little cheeks. "
" Dream on, he'll be mine. "
" You're bluffing, do you see the way he look at me? "
" Yeah, like garbage. Let me get this clear, you bunch of pigs. He's mine and he works at my dad's company. So who has the better chances at getting him? Me. "
" Oh, there she is. "

Amaya came in and i'm ready to kick her ass.

" You too, slut. Get away from him. "
" Why would I? Who are you to order me? "
" Let me just tell you that I like him and I'm pretty sure he likes me. "
" So what? He never mentions you when we are talking. "
" Maybe just don't notice you. "
" Do you even see how pretty I am? "
" Yes. So what? You can't rely on your looks forever. "

She gets her stuff and walked away.

"She has no idea what's coming for her."

Class ended and it's time to go home. But not for me.

" You ready? "
" Operation Liam is a go. "
" Do you really have to do this? "
" Yes, sis. She'll regret it. "
" If you don't want to come along just go home. "
" I'll come. "

Those freaks were walking straight to Amaya's house and we follow behind. After a few minutes, they got in to Amaya's front door and we sneaked around the house to the backyard. No one was there. We hid behind the bushes and waited.

" Get the camera ready. "
" I really think this is a bad idea. "

-----------------------------------------------------------

So cheesy and in denial. What can I do? That's what I am. Whatever. I'll ljust see you on Tuesday. Love ya!