Aris (Chapter 60)

Liam's POV

It is already morning and I'm putting on my clothes to go to school. But I still can't get over about what happened yesterday. Just thinking about it makes me blush. I smiled without even knowing it when someone knocked on my opened door. And I saw Louis back in her other form.

" Why are you smiling like a maniac? Let's go. "

She went out and I just hurried in fixing my things. Louis has been like that to me since he met Liander again.

I went down to the living room and everybody was waiting for me.

" There he is. You know when I find him, he was smiling. Don't know why. He looks like an idiot though. "
" Hey! "

He just stuck his tongue at me and we all went out of the front door. Aris bid us goodbye.

We were already on the front gate of the school and there are many students gathered on the field.

" What's happening? "
" Don't know. "

We all went to where they are and we saw an altar in the middle of the field with Caster's picture frame there.

" Oh look, they covered up Caster's imprisonment. "
" Shh... People might hear. "

We were about to leave when we hear someone crying. Well, more like howling. We checked to see who it was and we saw Courtney kneeling on the ground with her hands covering her face. Candy was also there supporting her twin.

" The bitch had it rough. "
" Shut up. We should feel bad for her. She lost her dad. "
" He's not really her dad. She's adopted, remember? "
" Whatever. "

She looked up at us and noticed me on the crowd. She quickly got up and ran towards me. She hugged me tight and cried on my shoulder. I didn't know what to do as I awkwardly put my hands up. Didn't want anything to do with her.

" Oh Liam, please comfort me. I lost my dad yesterday and I didn't even know. My mom is not home so nobody else is here but you. Hug me, just this once. "

I didn't do anything and she just stomped her feet on the ground in frustration. It really feels awkward now that everyone's attention is on us.

Suddenly someone grabbed my shoulder and removed me from the suffocating hug. She pushed Courtney away and she backed out a few steps.

Amaya is now in front of me with crossed arms.

" What do you think you're doing? "
" Didn't you see that he doesn't want anything to do with you? "
" That's not true. You're just jealous of me. "
" What would I be jealous of? You're nobody to me. "

They both frowned at each other and almost did a staring contest.

" How dare you say that? Don't you see, I lost my dad?! "
" Well, I lost mine too. So don't go around telling that to people. It's not something to be proud of. "
" You bitch! "
" Everybody's lives has shit in it. Others have more shit than others. But that doesn't give them the right to throw shit on people. Especially people who are not yours. "
" Are you saying that Liam is yours? "
" Why not? I mean you only want attention from the people around you. But you don't even deserve that kind of fame. "

Courtney let out a cough and she doesn't know what to say. Amaya turned around and grabbed my arm. She tangled my hands with hers and walked to our building.

" Nice one, girl. "
" You kicked her ass today. "

She just smiled at the complement and It looks like she's not letting me go from her grip either. I just followed along while I look at her, amazed.