4

"Quinn Fabray?"

"Yes?" Quinn answered, looking at the men in uniform at her door. "Oh my god. No."

"We're sorry to inform you of-"

"No. No!" Quinn yelled, though she knew what the officers were saying. "No. No. No."

"Quinn!"

Quinn opened her eyes as she shot up in bed. She tried to catch her breath as she looked at Puck, who was knelt on the floor next to the bed.

"It was just a dream." Puck told Quinn. "You're okay."

Quinn nodded slowly and took a deep breath as she threw the blankets back and jumped into Puck's arms.

"Whoa, hey." Puck said softly as he wrapped his arms around Quinn. "You're okay. I'm here, Q."

Quinn held onto Puck and buried her head against his shoulder.

Puck carefully stood up, still holding onto Quinn. He started rubbing her back and gently swaying with her.

Quinn took a deep breath as she looked at Puck as they parted. "I'm sorry. I should go shower. I'm sweating."

"Wait a minute." Puck replied as he gently tugged on Quinn's hand. "You can talk to me."

Quinn looked at Puck.

"Quinn." Puck said softly.

"I had a bad dream and..." Quinn trailed off.

"And what?" Puck asked.

"And you died." Quinn answered. "When you were away."

"Quinn, I'm not gonna die when I go back." Puck swore. "I promise."

Quinn shook her head. "You don't know that."

"I'll make sure of it." Puck promised. "I love you, and I promise I'll come home to you."

Quinn looked at Puck.

"You know." Puck said, smiling slightly. "You said you didn't wanna be engaged if you didn't know I'd come home."

Quinn furrowed her eyebrow.

"So if we're engaged, you know I'll come home." Puck told Quinn.

"I have to go shower." Quinn said, shaking her head as she walked away.