11

"I'm so glad we're leaving Lima today." Puck stated at the end of the week. "I can't wait to get out of here and back to reality."

"Me, too." Quinn agreed. "I don't mind visiting, but Lima just reminds me of what we used to have and what we've lost."

Puck nodded. "Yeah, if it wasn't for family and Mr. Schue, I would never come back here."

Quinn nodded back. "Are we gonna wait until your mom gets home before we go? I'm sure she wants to say goodbye to you."

Puck shook his head. "She's working all day so she won't be home any time soon. She said bye already."

"She and Sarah were really happy to have you home." Quinn noted.

"Sarah will be glad I'm gone." Puck said. "She likes having no authority figures around."

"She'll stay out of trouble." Quinn noted. "But she liked having you home."

"Yeah, it was good to be home." Puck responded. "And in a few months, that'll be permanent and we'll all get to enjoy each other's company whenever we want."

"Yeah." Quinn agreed. "When's your follow-up evaluation?"

"Tomorrow afternoon." Puck answered. "They'll tell me when I'm going back and when I'll be done."

"And we'll be okay." Quinn nodded. "No matter how long you'll be gone."

"We'll be okay." Puck promised, nodding in agreement.

-

When Quinn and Puck got back to their apartment in New York, Quinn unpacked her clothes and put everything away. Even though it was early, she got ready for bed because she was tired.

"Hey." Puck said as he entered the bedroom. "I'm gonna heat up some pizza. Are you hungry?"

"No, thanks." Quinn replied as she climbed into bed. "I'm tired. I'm gonna try to get some rest."

"You okay?" Puck wondered. "The other day you told Sarah you didn't feel good, and you're tired now."

"I'm okay." Quinn nodded. "I'm just tired from traveling today."

"Okay." Puck said as he stripped down to his boxers and climbed into bed beside Quinn, pulling her into his arms and holding her.

"I thought you were gonna go eat." Quinn stated.

"Tomorrow's the day I find out when I'm leaving." Puck reminded Quinn. "Pizza can wait. Right now, I just wanna lay here with you in my arms."

"Can I come with you tomorrow?" Quinn asked.

"You can." Puck stated.

"Do you want me to come with you tomorrow?" Quinn wondered.

"No." Puck replied. "I wanna go by myself. It's just an evaluation. They'll tell me I'm going back in a week or two until September or October probably, and that's that."

"Call me after then." Quinn requested.

"Yeah, I will." Puck said as he kissed Quinn's cheek.