13

"Hey." Quinn said as she greeted Puck at the door. "How'd it go?"

Puck didn't say anything. He just shrugged at Quinn as he walked away and went into their bedroom, closing the door behind him.

Quinn furrowed her eyebrow as she closed the apartment door and headed to the bedroom. She entered the room and looked at Puck, who was laying on the bed looking up at the ceiling.

"Noah." Quinn said softly as she sat down on the bed. "What's wrong?"

Puck didn't say anything.

"Just tell me when you're going back and we'll be okay." Quinn promised as she took Puck's hand.

"I'm not." Puck said softly.

"You're not?" Quinn repeated.

"I'm not going back." Puck clarified.

"Why not?" Quinn wondered.

"My shoulder won't be fully functional for up to a year and they're discharging me." Puck answered. "Honorably, and effective immediately."

Quinn smiled slightly as she looked at Puck. "I'm sorry you're upset, but-"

"Upset?" Puck repeated as he sat up. "I'm pissed. I wasn't supposed to finish like this."

"Noah, you got hurt." Quinn reminded him. "That's not your fault."

"I joined the Air Force because of Finn." Puck stated as he looked at Quinn. "You think he'd be proud of me that I couldn't even finish four years?"

"You did three and a half." Quinn noted. "Finn would be proud of you, and he'd be happy that you get to be home with me now."

"Yeah, you must be thrilled they won't let me go back." Puck nodded.

"I'm not thrilled about this." Quinn replied. "But I am happy that you'll be home safe and sound."

"Can you go back inside?" Puck requested. "I just wanna be alone for a little while. I have to make some calls, too."

"Yeah, sure." Quinn said. She kissed Puck's cheek as she slowly got up. "I know you're pissed, Noah, but I want you to know that I'm still so proud of you. And whatever you need, I'm here."

Puck didn't say anything, but Quinn knew he heard her. She took a deep breath as she left the room, closing the door behind her.