51

In the morning, Quinn climbed out of bed and walked into the living room. Puck was still asleep, but his dog followed.

Quinn sat down on the couch and Max sat down beside her.

"Get down." Quinn commanded. "Off the couch."

The dog hopped off of the couch and sat against it, leaning her head on Quinn's feet.

Quinn huffed as she pulled her legs up and sat like a pretzel.

"Morning." Puck said as he entered the living room about ten minutes later. "Sleep well?"

Quinn shrugged.

Puck leaned over Quinn for a kiss, but Max barked at him.

"Hey." Puck frowned as he stood back up. "Easy, Max."

The dog settled down when Puck was away from Quinn.

Puck sat down beside Quinn and put his hand on Quinn's leg.

Max started barking again.

"They say dogs are loyal, but he's protecting you from me." Puck noted. "Look."

Puck pulled his hand away and Max settled down, but continued to watch him.

Quinn raised her eyebrow.

Puck gently put his hand on Quinn's belly and rubbed it, causing Max to bark at him again.

"Noah, he's annoying and you're annoying." Quinn said as she pushed Puck's hand away and stood up. "I don't wanna have to worry about a dog when we have a baby coming."

"He's a good dog, Quinn." Puck stated. "He was protecting you."

"What if he attacks the baby?" Quinn asked, cradling her belly with one hand. "Did you ask your therapist or the dog trainer or whoever told you to get this dog if he's gonna be good?"

"If he attacks the baby, we'll get rid of him." Puck shrugged.

"It's not funny." Quinn shook her head.

"He's not gonna attack the baby." Puck said. "I trained him."

Quinn raised her eyebrow. "You trained him, but he protected me from you."

"Okay, so what do you want, Quinn? You want me to get rid of him and go back to how I was a few months ago?" Puck asked as he stood up and walked to the door. "Come on, Max."

"Noah, where are you going?" Quinn asked.

"I'm taking my dog for a walk." Puck decided as he leashed the dog and left the apartment.