71

Puck laid Hudson in the bassinet beside Quinn's hospital bed. He returned to Quinn and kissed her cheek. "Get some rest."

"Where are you going?" Quinn asked.

"I gotta run home and take Max out." Puck told Quinn. "Mike and Tina are gonna watch him 'cause they aren't going to Lima until the 23rd."

"Okay, but hurry back." Quinn requested.

"Are you okay if I go?" Puck asked.

Quinn nodded as she laid down and tried to get comfortable.

"Do you need anything from home?" Puck offered.

"Just you." Quinn responded.

Puck kissed her cheek. "Get some sleep. I'll be back soon. I promise."

"See you soon." Quinn said as she curled up and closed her eyes.

-

When Quinn woke up, Puck was back.

"Hey, how do you feel?" Puck asked.

"I'm hungry." Quinn answered, wincing in pain as she sat up. "And sore."

"Well, luckily, I prepared for the hunger." Puck said. "I stopped at McDonald's on my way back."

"I love you." Quinn smiled.

Puck smiled as he handed Quinn the bag. "Eat up."

"How's Max?" Quinn wondered.

"He's good. He warmed up to Mike really fast." Puck nodded. "I'm gonna text them tomorrow."

Quinn nodded back as she helped herself to a fry.

"Tina and Mike send their best." Puck added. "I showed them some pictures, and they were really excited."

"They'll probably be next." Quinn noted. "They've been together for a long time."

"Maybe." Puck shrugged.

"You know, we never told everyone we got married." Quinn realized.

"Yeah, you're right." Puck replied. "Want me to add that in the group text?"

Quinn smiled and shook her head. "We can tell our moms when they meet the baby. They won't yell at us when they have their grandson in their arms."

"Smart." Puck nodded. "Good idea."

Quinn nodded back as she put the McDonald's bag on the nightstand and looked at Puck. "Thanks for being such a good coach in there. And for being so patient and good these past nine months."

"Babe, you were a freaking rockstar in there." Puck told Quinn. "You're strong, with or without me."

"Well, I prefer with you." Quinn responded. "And I love you."

"I love you."