Date Night

Katrina's POV

I woke up and rolled out of bed. It was my first day off so I wasn't sure what I was gonna do. I walked into the bathroom and had a shower. Then straightened my hair I grabbed a tight grey dress and a denim jacket. I put on my white trainers and ran downstairs. I grabbed an apple and headed for the door. I grabbed my keys on the way out and locked the door. I drove to the 21st to see Jay.

I opened my car door and walked up to the 21st. I smiled at Trudy then walked up to her "Morning Trudy is Jay in?" "He sure is I'll buzz you up" I smiled and walked over to the metal gate and pulled it open. I walked up the long flight of stairs until I reached the bullpen.
Jay saw me and ran over and hugged me "I have 2 things to say" I pulled back and looked him in the eyes "1 I do not like that outfit" I chuckled knowing he would say that "And 2 we need your help" I nodded "With what?" "Mouse isn't due in till later but we need some CCTV footage and Ruzek can't get into it" I nodded "Where am I going?" "This desk here these are logins you can use" I nodded and logged onto the computer. "So where are we needing footage from" Jay pointed to a map "Any that shows here" "Not legal you know" "Don't care just do it" I nodded and started typing away on my computer. 

Jay's POV

"Don't care just do it" Katrina nodded and started typing on her computer. I really hoped she would find something because if not these innocent kids could die. We already have 3 dead teenagers and I don't want to find another 3. "Ok I got one" I walked over to the desk she was sitting at and everyone else gathered around. I looked at Ruzek "Go back till around 10 pm last night" Katrina nodded and went back through the tapes. "Ok go forward slow" Katrina played the tapes slow "Stop it there" I looked at Vannessa "That man he phoned in one of the deaths and waited around until Atwater and I showed up"  "Yeah I got a statement from him he said he was out for a run and found the girl we found this morning" "But it doesn't add up because when we found him he was in jeans and a shirt" I looked at Katrina "Go through the tapes and see if a young girl shows up" Katrina played the tapes and a young woman showed up.

Katrina's POV

I played the tapes and soon enough a young girl who looked no older then I was when I had to go buy drugs for my dad. I swallowed the lump in the back of my throat then looked at Jay "I'll get an ID on this girl" "Thanks" he kissed my head and everyone else went back to their desks. I zoomed in on the girl and got an ID on her "Ok her name is Ashley Cruz but she goes by Ash in the database for failing to appear at court 3 times she also has a BOLO out on her car" "LKA?" "Was 263 West Halstead Street but that was 2 years ago" Hank walked in "Rojas, Atwater you take that Halstead phone Mouse see when he can get in here 'cause I need all hands on deck and that includes you Katrina if you don't mind" I nodded "I'm fine with it" I looked at Jay and he had just walked into the breakroom. 'Should I tell him that this case hits home? Nah it will be ok.' Jay walked out and over to me "Hey if this hits home tell me" I nodded "It might but I'm ok just now" "Ok" he kissed my head "Mouse should be here soon" I nodded "Go save some lives" I smiled and took my phone out my back pocket. I messaged Stella and told her I might not be able to meet up later. I sat and waited until they needed something. I sat on my phone and looked through Instagram and Twitter until I heard footsteps. 
"Halstead" I turned around and Trudy was standing with Mouse "Morning Trudy, mouse" I nodded "Oh you two know each other" "We met last night but didn't get to talk much" "Well I'll see you two later Mouse your logins are the same" I turned back around and looked at my computer. "Hi Katrina" "Hi Mouse" "So you and Jay?" "Oh no no" I chuckled "Erm I'm his sister" "Sister?" "Yeah, I found out less than a month ago" "Damn" "So you worked here before?" "Yeah, I did then reenlisted" I nodded "So what do you do?" "Firefighter house 51" "Good for you" I nodded. Then heard Jay's voice come through a radio "Hey little sis I need a favour" I grabbed the radio "What?" "I need to use your apartment" "Ok spare key is in the light" "Thanks little sis" "Mouse is here by the way" "Ok I love you" "I love you too" I looked at Mouse. "So what was Jay like?" "Annoying" "Sounds normal" I chuckled "I don't wanna sound weird and I don't want Jay attacking me but your beautiful" I smiled and probably blushed "Thanks" "Do you wanna get drinks tonight?" I nodded "Why, not this case hits home slightly" "I won't tell Jay" "Neither will I" I chuckled. Then Ruzek's voice came through "Kat I need a favour" "What's up Ruz?" "I need plates" I looked at Mouse "Go Ruz mouse is gonna run them" "I've got 2" I looked at Mouse "I'll do one you do the other" he nodded "Go Ruz" "First one is Illinois tags Edward Ida 78391" I nodded to Mouse "Second one" "Illinois tags again David Victor 25837" I typed it into my computer "Ruzek the first one has nothing on it and it's owned by a Frazer Webb" I grabbed my radio "Ruz second plates has a BOLO on it owned by a Marcel Fry who is in the system for an attempted kidnapping" "Thank you two"  I smiled. "So what's your secret?" "No secret" "There must be you don't get that good at what you do" "I stayed with my mom and my step-dad was an alcoholic and a drug addict my mom forced me to do something before I became a firefighter but I had already been to the academy so I joined the police and did the tech side of things" "Your dad forced you to go buy drugs" I nodded slightly then everyone else started walking in. I put my finger up to my mouth for Mouse to stay quiet about my past. 
Jay walked up to me and kissed my head. "Thank you" I looked up at him "Don't worry about it but I'm due a day with Stella" he chuckled then Ruzek walked over. "Thanks, Kat" "Don't worry about it Ruz it's why I'm here" I smiled then stood up. "I'm stealing some coffee" "Kat get me some" I turned to Jay "I'll have some" I turned to Ruzek "You two are really annoying" I grabbed their cups off their desks and walked into the breakroom and made some coffee. I took Jay and Ruzek's cups and put them on their desks then walked back through to get mine. I walked back with my coffee and sat at my desk. 
I wrote my number on a post-it note then wrote some plates on another post-it note and put it on top. I put it on his desk slyly before walking to Jay's desk. "What is it, little sis?" "I need help" "You need to put a pair of jeans on" I looked at him seriously "I'm only joking" "Your not but I need to talk to you" "Come with me" We walked through to the locker room and I sat on the bench.
Jay locked the door then walked over and sat next to me "What's up?" "This case" "What about it?" "It hits home a little" "How?" "Mom's husband Nick is an alcoholic and drug addict and he... he used to force me to go buy his drugs" he hugged me tight and I placed my head on his chest. He kissed my head and we stayed quiet for a moment "I know you have an apartment but why don't you move in with me" I looked up at him "It would save us both money" he nodded "Ok I only have 2 boxes anyway and only one of them is unpacked" "How?" "Most of it is clothes" he shook his head "You are crazy" "Can I move in today?" "Yeah, whenever you want" I smiled "Let's go back" I nodded and we walked back to the bullpen.