She's Back

Katrina's POV

I woke up and I noticed I was in bed but I don't remember going to bed. Jay must have carried me. I smiled and grabbed my phone. I had a text from Mouse "Morning sunshine what are you doing today?" I smiled then messaged him back "Morning I have shift today sadly" I sighed then rolled out of bed and walked out of my bedroom.
"And the sleeping beauty is awake" "Shut up Jay" I walked over and slapped him "What was that for?" "I just felt like it" I smirked then sat down at the island and put my head on the counter. "What's up?" "I'm just tired" "Boohoo" "You would be if you worked 24-hour shifts as a firefighter then however long a day at the 21st doing Ruzek's job" Jay chuckled so I stole his coffee. "Do 51 know we are siblings?" I looked at him "I don't think so but they might have put it together by now" "Well I'm gonna come see you" I smiled "That would make my day" Jay smiled "You better go get ready" I nodded "Can you get my duffel bag from my car" "Sure" I smiled and walked to my bedroom.
 I got changed into my uniform then pulled on my boots. There was a knock on my bedroom door. "Can I come in?" "Yeah" Jay walked in with my duffel bag and he handed it to me. "One duffel bag" "Thank you" I smiled "You know I could always come to visit you I drive the truck so, to be honest, they go where I drive them" I smiled "Maybe we will see" I smiled and picked my duffel bag with a spare uniform. I tucked my CFD shirt into my navy blue work trousers and walked to the bathroom. I pulled my hair into a low ponytail so when we got called to a fire I could put my hood over it. I walked out and sat down on the sofa.
"Jay, can you throw me an apple?" I turned around and Jay threw me an apple "Thanks" I took a bite of it then looked at Jay who was putting his holster on his hip."What are you looking at?" "You but I'm thinking that I need to leave now" I stood up and put the apple core in the bin. I grabbed my duffel bag and threw it over my shoulder "Be safe big brother" "Be safe little sister" I wrapped my arms around his torso "I'll see you later" he kissed my head and I walked to my car. I threw my duffel bag in the back and got in then drove to 51.

I parked my car then jumped out. I grabbed my duffel bag and walked up to the apparatus floor. As normal squad was sitting at their table and everyone else was starting to come in. I walked to the locker room and threw my duffel bag in my locker then walked through to the common room. I made myself a cup of coffee then sat down to drink it. "Halstead with me?" I looked at Stell weirdly I grabbed my coffee cup and walked to the bunk room with her.
"What's up, Kidd?" "We need to watch Casey all day" "Why?" "Brett" "Brett and Casey?" I tried to be quiet but the words quiet and careful are not in the Halstead vocabulary. Stella nodded and I took a sip of my coffee "If only I drank tea" we chuckled then walked through to the common room. "Halstead someones here for you" "Who?" "I don't know they just asked for you" I sighed then stood up and walked out to the apparatus floor.
Great my mom I looked around and it was only squad out so I walked over to them "Repeat anything I say I will steal Ruzek's gun and murder you all" they all nodded in unison and I walked over to Severide "I need you to record this then send it to me but don't let anyone see" he nodded and I walked over to my mom.
"What the hell do you want?" "Why the hell are you working at a fire station?" "Because it's my job" I sighed then quickly turned to Kelly and he nodded. "You can't be here" "I can because you just had my husband arrested" "Oh yeah Nick I slept so much easier last night knowing I would never have to buy drugs for him again" I clenched my hand into a fist "You are just a spoilt little brat" I started to lose my temper so I ended up shouting at her "Leave now I don't want to see you again" the rest of the firehouse ran out "GET OUT" "Why the hell should I?" "BECAUSE SINCE I WAS A LITTLE KID YOU RUINED MY LIFE YOU CAN LEAVE OR I CAN PHONE RUZEK" "What's wrong with your brother sweetie" "I CAN PHONE HIM AS WELL BUT HE'S TO KIND TO PEOPLE" 

"Squad 3, Truck 81, Ambulance 61 car crash West Harrison Street" 

I sighed "YOU BETTER NOT BE HERE WHEN I GET BACK BECAUSE THEN I HAVE A REASON TO PUNCH YOU" "Halstead come on" "Sorry Captain" I ran and pulled on my bunker gear then jumped in truck. I started truck then turned the lights and sirens on and drove to West Harrison Street.