Apollo

I woke up and Mouse wasn't in bed. I grabbed my phone and it was 10:30 am. I rolled out of bed and walked to the kitchen. There was a note on the island "Morning baby I left you sleeping I have texted you the address for Apollo and the owner said that she would give you everything for him. I've already paid so all you need to do is go and pick him up. Will dropped Mya at school and Cassie was still sleeping when I left love you Mouse!" I smiled and left the note on the island. I walked to my bedroom and picked out a pair of dark jeans, a dark blue and green flannel top, a black vest top. I got changed then pulled on my tan brown suede over knee long boots with a slight heel. I grabbed my phone and put it in my back pocket before walking to the bathroom. I decided to just brush my hair and do a nude light makeup look. I walked out to the kitchen and Cassie was sitting at the island
 "You ok?" "Yeah I was thinking last night and I've decided on a name" I leaned up against the counter facing her "That's good isn't it?" "Yeah, I've decided on Sapphire Grace Upton" I smiled "Mason Andrew, Amelia Rose and Sapphire Grace" "What names do you have?" "Baby Gerwitz" "Great name there" "I know" "I'm ready to go whenever you are" "Give me a minute till I pack my bag then" I grabbed my black handbag and packed it "Ok I'm ready to go now" "Yep" I looked at my phone and saw the address "Ok let's go" We walked out to my car and got in. I drove to the address.

I grabbed my bag and got out "I'll come" "Ok" I knocked on the door "Katrina Halstead?" "Hi yes" "Hi I'm Christina Alonso" "Hi there this is Cassandra Upton" "Hi there Apollo is in here" "I'll wait in the car and phone my sister" "Ok tell her we will be over shortly"  We walked into the house
"So Katrina what do you do?" "Lieutenant firefighter I should say if you ever want to see Apollo just message me and I'll give you a place to meet because I might be on shift" "That means a lot" "No problem" "Here's all his stuff the police harness is in there and his collar" "You can put them on him" "Really?" "Yeah go ahead" "Thank you" "I'll take these out to the car and leave you two for a minute" "I'll put the cage in the back if you would like" "Thanks I would have no clue on how to do it" I grabbed the bags of stuff for Apollo and walked out to the car with them
 "What's up Cassie?" "Nothing" "You're lying" I saw Christina walk out the house with Apollo "I'll go get his cage" She handed me his leash and I crouched down next to him and clapped him "How is he with kids?" "Loves them it'll take him a minute to get used to you and the kids but when you are out in public his ears will go down if he is uncomfortable with someone clapping him" "That's good to know" "There's food in the bag and his bed is in the cage" "Thank you so much Christina" "Call me Chris" "Call me Kat then" "Do you mind" "No of course not" I handed her his leash "If there are any medical bills phone me and I'll pay for them" "You don't need to do that Chris" "I know but I do it for all my dogs he barks when there's drugs or a bomb about by the way and if you give him a scent he will follow it" "That might help my brother he's a detective" "Halstead" She muttered under her breath "Jay Halstead?" "Yeah that's him" "I've worked a couple of cases with him" "Everyone has and if you've been at med you will know Will Halstead" "Yeah" "My younger brother" "Up" Apollo jumped into the cage "I definitely know he's going to a good family now" She explained all the commands to me that I might need to use "And he knows how to roll over, sit, paw, high five and the basic ones" "Again if you ever want to see him just phone me or drop by firehouse 51 or the 21st district someone there will phone me" "Oh I meant to say congratulations" I stood confused for a minute "Ohh the baby thank you" "Baby brain?" "Definitely if not I'm going to use the excuse" "I'll let you get going now" I handed her my card "My number is on there I'll answer straight away" "Thank you" I got into the car and drove to the 21st.
"So what's wrong?" "Nothing I'm serious" "I don't believe you but at least Trudy will let me into the 21st because he has a police harness on" "You think about weird things" "It was sneak him past her or put his police harness on" "You chose the easy option then" "Of course I did" 

I opened the back and grabbed some treats and his leash before I opened Apollo's cage. I clipped his leash on and he jumped down and stood next to me. "Good boy" I clapped him "Your bag" "Oh thanks" I took my bag from Cassie "Let's go then" We walked into the 21st
"Who brought a dog in here?" "Police dog" "I don't believe you Halstead" I walked around the room and Apollo started barking at one of the guys "What was he brought in for?" "Possession" "What do police dogs search for except bombs and people?" "Drugs" She looked down "Believe me now? Good boy" I took a treat out of my pocket and gave it to him then clapped him" "Ok but I don't think you should go up there" "And why's that?" "I think I should phone Mouse down here instead" "I'm going up and I'm taking Apollo with me" "Don't say I didn't warn you" "Is this because I have Apollo?" "No nothing to do with Apollo" I looked at her strangely then walked over to the gate. I did all my stuff and pulled the gate open then turned to Cassie "I think you should listen to Platt" "What aren't you two telling me?" "I don't want to say" I turned to Trudy "It's not my place to tell you" "If none of you are going to tell me I'm just going to go up there and ask" "Halstead" "Lucy hows that man or woman that we brought in" "Oh the stab wound he's in custody but I think you should listen to Cassie and Platt" "Ok there's something going on Lucy isn't acting herself and Trudy didn't kick me out as soon as she saw Apollo and Cassie has been lying to me all morning" I walked up to the bullpen.
I stood at the top of the stairs and no one knew I was there "How bad do you think it is?" "I'm not a paramedic or doctor but at least a few broken ribs" I then saw Jay's picture on the board. I could feel my heart pounding. I at least knew why people were acting strange but how did they not hear Apollo's paws on the wooden floor? Mouse looked up and saw me "Don't say anything just tell me what happened" "He was kidnapped this morning and we got a video" "Let's see it I can tell you how bad it is" "Babe you don't want to see it" "Just show me it" "Fine" "Stay" I let go of Apollo's leash.  I walked behind Upton and she pressed play. "Ok, a few bruised or broken ribs, bruises and cuts I doubt there's anything else" "Ok" "Apollo here" Apollo walked over "So this is Apollo" I nodded "I love him already also where's Mia and Mason Hailey?" "Family friends" "Ok" "Where was Jay last seen?" "Meeting a CI why?" "Apollo is a search and rescue dog as well as sniffer" "We have an idea of where he is" "Apollo stay" I walked to the locker room and opened Jay's locker. I grabbed the spare shirt he keeps in his locker then walked back to the bullpen. "Chris told me that if he was to get a scent he would follow it" I held Jay's shirt out to Apollo then unclipped his leash "Find" He walked over to Jay's desk then to the breakroom "He was in the breakroom just before he went to meet his CI" "Halstead are you ok doing this?" I placed the shirt down on Jay's desk "Anything to find my brother" "Ok Halstead go with Mouse and get a bulletproof vest still remember how to shoot" "You were the one that taught me" I smiled weakly "Ok Mouse get her a vest and I'll get you a holster, gun and badge for today" "I'm not CPD though" "I don't care I want your brother and my detective back" "I still have my gun license and Jay gave me a gun but it's at home in the safe" "Ok go get a vest" "Apollo here" Apollo walked over and I attached his leash and we walked down to the basement. 
"The thickest vest I have" I put it over my head and Mouse helped me fasten it "Ok your bump is in the way just try to stay behind everyone else" "Babe I'll be fine I promise you" "I know I'm just not happy about you doing this but here's a radio" Mouse attached it to my vest before I crouched down next to Apollo "I'll be fine I promise and I'll listen to Voight I promise" "Ok I love you" "I love you too" I stood up and kissed him "Come on then Apollo" "Babe" I turned around "Be safe" "Always" I walked up to the bullpen.
"Halstead" "Yes Hank" "Gun, holster and badge and use 5021 George it's Jay's code" I took them from Hank and attached them to hip.""Ok, Hank" "Ok take Jay's shirt and meet us at the address" I grabbed Jay's shirt "Will do Hank, Apollo come" I walked downstairs "What's happening and why do you have your brother's bulletproof vest on" "We are going to find my brother" "Be safe" "Always" I walked out to the car and opened it. "Up" Apollo jumped into his cage and I unclipped his leash. I shut his cage and climbed in the car. I threw Jay's shirt and Apollo's leash onto the passenger seat then drove to the place Mouse had sent the address.