Foster Carer

I woke up in a slight bit of pain but I walked to the bathroom and had a quick shower. I braided my hair into french braids then did a nude makeup look. I walked back to my bedroom and looked in the wardrobe because Jay had put all my clothes in for me. I picked out a white off-shoulder top and a denim skirt. I tucked the top into my skirt then put on my white trainers. I grabbed my 'Katrina' necklace and put it on before walking out of the bedroom.
"Morning" "Morning" I sat down at the island. "Coffee?" "Yes," I smiled "Did you get any sleep?" "I got a bit but I could really" "Here's your pain meds" I opened them and took 2. "You good?"I nodded "You coming with me" "Yeah I'll be bored here" "Ok let me grab my gun and badge" I nodded and grabbed an apple and ate it. I walked out to the car and sat down "So who was your date last night I've not seen her around" "Nobody" "Weird name what's her last name?" "McDonald" "Nobody McDonald want to tell me her real name?" I smirked "Lucy McDonald" "Thanks for that I'm gonna do a background check on her" "Kat" "Jay you probably would do it on my boyfriend" "I will do it when do I get to meet him?" "When I'm ready" I smirked.

I jumped out of the car and walked up with Jay. "Halstead's" We both turned around "There is a package for one of you but it just says Halstead" "Who dropped it off?" "A young woman" I looked at Jay "That will be Lucy" I smiled and walked over to the gate and opened it then walked upstairs.

I smiled then sat down "What is it?" "Mind your own business" "I'm your sister I don't know how to do that" I smirked "I can't tell" I got up and walked over "Why a mug?" I chuckled "I know why" I walked over and sat back down. Jay was still looking at it weird. "Gear up we got a case" I signed onto my computer "Be safe" "Of course" I smiled and opened the database.
"Ignoring my texts?" "Nope I just knew I would see you and I didn't want Jay catching me" he chuckled "Oh can you do a background check on a Lucy McDonald" "Yeah who is she?" "Jay's date from last night she went crazy when I asked to speak to him outside" "Is everything ok?" "Yeah I had to confess to Jay but he took it better than I thought" I gave a weak smile "Coffee" "Please Jay makes the worst cup ever" I smiled then Mouse handed me a file and a cup of coffee. "Thanks is this Lucy?" "Yeah, it is" I opened it and I was shocked "Damn" I sighed and unlocked the locked drawer on my desk and put the file in "I don't know how I'm gonna tell Jay" I shut the drawer and locked it.
 "Tell me what?" "Nothing" I smiled and Jay kissed my head "Whatever can you look after Mya here?" "Yeah sure," I smiled and looked at Mya "Hey Mya" "Hi are you Kat?" "I am" I smiled "I'll get you a chair will I?" "Do you mind if I sit on your knee" "Of course not" I picked her up and put her on my knee. "Mya this is my friend Mouse" I smiled "Friend" "Jay" I smirked "Hi Mouse" I smiled "How about I print you some stuff to colour off" "Yes please" "Ok what do you like?" "Erm princesses and firetrucks" "Firetrucks is that what you want to be when you're older?" "Yeah I want to be a firefighter" I smiled and Mya turned to face me "Guess what Mya" "What?" "I'm a firefighter" "Really?" I nodded. I printed off some pictures and got her some pencils to colour with. "Mya can you stay with Mouse so I can you speak to my big brother" she nodded and I lifted her off my knee and put her on my seat. Jay was in the breakroom with Rojas so I walked in.
"How is she?" "Good kid, what's going to happen to her?" "No clue DCFS will probably take her" I turned around and looked at her. I turned back and looked Jay in the eyes "Don't do anything stupid" "I won't at the moment but I'm an emergency foster carer and I have been for a while I could take care of her" "Kat you just got released from the hospital yesterday" "I know but there are 3 options and I know them" "I know them as well" I looked at Rojas and nodded "1 go to an abusive foster family 2 go to a kind foster family with lots of kids or 3 go with someone you know and she knows both me and you" "Ok I'll speak to someone at DCFS" "Thank you Jay" I hugged him and he left
 "You in foster care as well" I nodded "Couple of years until my stepdad got away from the drink," I said got away from the drink in quotation marks. "Most of my life" "It's hard and it's something most people don't come back from" "It was hard enough going to the academy while being in foster care I was moved about a lot" "I know that" I nodded then walked over to my desk.
I picked Mya up and sat her down on my knee. "Halstead" I turned around and so did Jay "Young or old?" "Young you have a visitor" I nodded "I'll be down in a minute" I lifted Mya up and put her on my seat then jogged down the stairs.