Reckless And The Brave; Jack Barakat

“I know I fucked up, I’m sorry Shayla.”

“You cheated, I can’t forgive you.’

“Shayla please” His lips turned into a small pout his big brown eyes looked down at me, making my heart beat faster this boy had my heart; he knew how to make me weak in the knees.

“No” I closed the front door leaning against it coming face to face with my best friend Taylor, she had her arms crossed moving me aside from the front door.

“He had come all this way to say he was sorry? Shayla, if a guy did something like that for me I’d fucking forgive them in a heartbeat surely he’s got a reason.”

“You don’t even know what happened!” I shrieked.

“Because, you never told me!” She shouted.

“Fine I’ll tell you, he was drunk, there was another girl I caught him with her on the bus.” Taylor stared at me blankly. “He was making out with her if i hadn't of walked in it would of went farther."

“Apparently he’s sorry! He’s standing on your door step asking you to forgive him.” She said pulling me up taking the pony tail out of my hair letting it down; I glared at her as she pushed me toward the door. “Now open that door give the poor guy a chance to talk and explain himself.” She smiled.

“Do I have a choice?” She shook her head.

I took in a deep breath letting it out as I turned the door knob coming face to face to Jack who was still standing there but this time with roses in his hand leaning against the porch railing his free hand stuck in his jacket pocket.

“I- I wanted to give you these.” He nervously handed them to me, they were blue my favorite color a small smile crept upon my face seeing he remembered I hid it with the roses turning around Taylor smirked taking them I thanked her as she closed the front door.

“Thank you.”

“Shayla, would you like to come to the show tonight? then maybe after go out?" He looked at me.

“I don’t know Jack.” His face fell.

“Shayla, I fucked up I understand that I’ve lived two whole years regretting all of it.” I snorted.

“It took you this long to figure it out?”

“Shayla, when I woke up the next morning you were gone all your stuff was gone I had no idea what had happened that night, Alex had to explain to me what happened I was fucked up I regret it.” He sighed. “I beat myself up for weeks I tried to call you I left you texts, e mails you never replied to any of them then I find out you were talking to Alex I gave up.” My head snapped up.

“You thought that-“he nods.

“I thought you and Alex were going out, comes to find out he was only trying to help you just as he was with me.”  My smile faded, I felt horrible how could he make me feel horrible? It was his fault I shouldn’t feel this way, should I?

“Please re think about coming to the show tonight?” He held up two tickets to the show with a weak smile on his face.

“I have to go, I hope you’ll come.”

I was pulled back inside the house, “Shayla get your ass upstairs and get ready.” Taylor ordered.

“You spied on us?”

“Yes, now go you don’t have much time, you really need to get your man back.” She smiled warmly, I stared at her then stared down at the tickets in my hand she was right, I had to get him back I rushed upstairs, as I got ready I was only trying to figure out how to react once I meet Jack, kiss him? Pull him in for a tight hug?