Chapter 14 secrets and texts

It’s been a month since Shay has left, a month in a half to be exact I had changed, changed into a different person I couldn’t control that no one could Alex had stayed by my side day and night until one night I had finally told him to get out ever since we’ve been distant to distant, I have been bringing girls back to the hotels every night I couldn’t remember their names, Ash had told me to stop because I was only doing this to try and forget about Shay that it hurt her to see me this away I didn’t care I only continued.

I had seen a few videos on the internet of me at the bars, laughing, dancing carrying on walking out of the clubs with different girls, waking up my head was throbbing I turned to see a blonde chick lying next to me.

“Fuck”

The after math was the worst feeling.

I jolted up rushing toward the bathroom vomiting.

I had to get her out of here before Alex walks in.

Once I regained my strength back I weakly walked into the room.

“You need to go.”

“But Jack” She whined kissing my lips, I closed my eyes but suddenly remembered what I was tending on doing in the first place.

“No, you need to go.”

I threw her clothes at her.

“Call me”

I only nod.

As I pulled over my shirt the door swung open to see Alex standing there with Ash, they stared at me full of concern.

“I’m fine”

“No, you’re a wreck” Ash pointed out.

“Thanks for pointing that out smart ass.”

I pulled on my shoes stumbling out of the room out into the hall meeting up with Zack and Rian who were also very concerned about me, we were standing in the elevator till someone’s phone went off, Ash took hers out of her pocket staring down at it, Alex also glanced over with a raised eye brow.

“What the hell? Is that Shayla?”

Ash stared at him.

My head jolted up just hearing the name.

Was she really texting her?

Ash blinked a few times, “I- I uh.. no one said I couldn’t text her..”

“Give me the phone”

“No”

“Ash, give me the God Damn phone.”

I blinked, was he really worried about me?

“Don’t you see what the hell is going on? It’s her fucking fault Ash.”

I wanted to say something, but each time I tried nothing would come out.

I was too much in shock, in shock because Ash was talking to Shay and didn’t tell me, I leaned against the wall for support as their voices rung in my ears.

“I cannot stop talking to her Alex, we’re best friends! Would you ever stop talking to Jack if anything came between you two?”

Alex huffed, “Ash, I just want to fucking talk to her.”

“She doesn’t want to talk to anyone but me.”

“Does it look like I care Ash? Go ahead and look over at your other friend who is suffering more than she is, she’s probably out partying having a blast living her own life, but in the meantime the one she left is suffering from it all.” He took in a breath. “And maybe it’s time someone had told her that.”

I watched them carefully; Ash hesitated but handed the phone to Alex.

“Hello?”

All though he didn’t have it on speaker I could still hear her voice,

My heart began to race as my head jolted up.

“Shayla, it’s Alex. We need to talk.”

“Alex, I know it’s about Jack and Ash has been keeping me up to date.”

She didn’t care, I walked passed everyone as the doors slid open.

“He’s depressed, no worse than that he’s reckless Shay, he cannot control what he does anymore as hard as he tries and wants to he cannot. I catch him staring at an old picture of the two of you every night in his bunk he’s got it up, you need to come back Shay you’re the only one out of all of us that can fix him, look I need to go find Jack but think about what I said.”

Alex handed the phone back to Ash as he walked out of the elevator after hanging up the phone, he found Jack sitting on the bench outside.

“Come on, let’s go.”

I stood up, Alex put his arm around me like old times as we both walked onto the bus together, I slid onto the couch laying down with my hood over my eyes sighing deeply, I needed her.