Chapter 23- Marry me?

Alex and Roo ran out of the haunted mansion bending over attempting to catch each other’s breaths laughing, I looked over her eyes were glistering under the moon along with the night lights that surrounded us, she smiled as her eyes met my own I walked over wrapping my arms around her body my hands on both her hips kissing her gently on the lips.

“The day you called, when the phone went dead I thought the plane crashed.”

I whispered quietly.

She suddenly moved back her eyes focused on my own.

“Alex, I’m sorry, I was trying to call you back but I kept getting a busy signal.”

I glanced down at my feet rubbing the back of my neck.

“I sort of well. Smashed my phone.”

She lifted my chin with her index finger smiling weakly.

“I would of never left you that day if you hadn’t of yelled at me it scared me you never raise your voice at me.”

I sighed.

“I’m so sorry Roo.”  I pulled her closer.

She buried her nose into the crook of my neck, this was it.

This was the moment, I went back remembering the time I had asked Shay if Roo would like the ring I had picked out.

“Shay, I have a huge question.”

She stared at me with a raised eye brow, I leaned against the counter pulling out a small box the same box I had pulled out showing Jack.

“I- I wanted to ask Roo to marry me, but she left before I had the chance, I saved this hoping she would come back, I want to see if you think she’ll like it you know her likes and dislikes better than me.”

She smiled nodding, I slowly opened the box.

“Lex, she’ll love it. It’s beautiful.”

He sighed in relief hearing the door open that lead to where they were at he quickly closed the box putting it back into his pocket.

“Thank you.”

I nod, “Anytime.”

            I backed up intertwining my fingers with hers getting down on one knee, her eyes went wide as she stared down at me.

“Roo bear, meeting you at that concert was the best thing that has ever happened to me, I have been saving this the day you ran away now is the perfect time.” I grew nervous as I dug into my pocket, I found the box pulling it out of my pocket slowly holding it out in my hand once I had gotten it out, I stared at Roo.

“Roo, I want to spend the rest of my life with you I don’t see myself being with anyone else, will you marry me?” I could see her eyes sparkling only meaning she was crying she had a smile on her face she jumped into my arms pecking my lips.

“Yes! Yes! Yes! A thousand times more!”

I grinned, picking her up standing fully kissing her softly, it turned out a little more passionate I pulled away putting her down taking the ring out of the box putting it back into my pocket slipping it onto her finger, she smiled her eyes glistering with tears still, I caressed her cheek with my thumb taking her hand in mine leading her away smiling.

            We both arrived back at the hotel it was late, Iheld onto her in the elevator looking down at her my lips pressed lightly against hers she smiled against them wrapping her arms tightly around my neck, my hands resting on her hips gripping onto them lifting her up I felt her legs wrap around my waist.

The elevator jolted only meaning it had stopped, the doors slid open I slowly backed out of the elevator not putting Roo down, my lips never leaving hers feeling her fingers in my hair I dug around for the card sliding it inside the lock kicking the door open the rest of the way walking inside kicking it too, she moaned against my lips, I began to walk inside nearly tripping as I ran into the lamp hearing a small thud as it hit the floor, she giggled lightly into the kiss gripping the ends of my shirt she lifted it up, her hands ran up and down my chest and stomach area finally resting on my jeans fumbling with the button and zipper as I put her down onto the bed, she started to slide them off, I bent down slowly kissing down her neck sucking lightly on her skin pulling at the end of her shirt lifting it over her head as I kicked off my jeans.

“Alex” she moaned.

It didn’t take much longer the rest of her clothing joined mine along with my boxers she wrapped her arms around my neck pressing her lips against mine, her legs around my waist.

This was the moment I have been waiting for. It was happening with the one girl I fell in love with, that I wanted to spend forever with, not with just some other girl but the one.

            We both lied there hours later awake my hand intertwined with her very own under the covers as I held her close, her face buried into my chest.

“I love you Roo.”

I felt her smile against my chest.

“I love you too Alex.”