Chapter 10 late night beer pong

“Shay bear wake up.” I groaned into the pillow hearing my old nickname laughter coming from the front of the bus, I opened one eye only seeing Ash standing there with Alex’s hoodie on her and smiled.

“The guys are playing beer pong, want to join?”

“I’ll go watch.”

Ash nods.

We both walked to the front quietly as I walked inside Jack had a shot glass in his hand gulping down the substance sliding the glass back onto the table, his eyes met mine for a split second till he was called for another turn.

He threw the ball missing, Alex handed him the shot glass as I stood there watching Jack drink away the pain, I looked over at Ash, Alex stared at me.

“I’ll play” Jack stared at me.

“Alright, come on over Shay!”

Ash gave Alex a stern look as Shayla picked up the ball squeezing in between Jack and Zack she threw it toward the table full of shots missing at least three only making one shot.

“Now that’s what I’m talking about.” Alex said. “Ash, you want to try?”

“I’ll pass; I need to be the sober one to keep a close eye on everyone.”

“Night boys”

“No! You can’t go to bed, it’s just getting started” Alex hollered.

“Sorry boys”

Shayla crawled into her bunk closing the curtain taking her phone from under the pillow seeing she had no missed calls or texts the door to the bunks opened her curtain was pulled back she looked up only meeting those big chocolate brown eyes.

“Shay.” He slurred.

“Yes Jack?”

He sighed; I could smell the alcohol that lingered on his blue jacket.

“Please don’t leave”

“What makes you think I’m leaving Jack?”

He shrugged.

“I had a dream last night that you left.”

I bit my lower lip, so that’s what he meant by don’t leave I put down my phone turning my head facing him fully.

“Jack, maybe we should...” He shook his head.

“Please Shay, don’t, I swear I’ll make it up to you I’ll prove to you that I’ve changed that I’m not that person anymore just please.”

I cupped his face in my left hand, “We may have agreed to soon Jack, you need to show me that I can earn your trust back.”

He swatted my hand away standing up fully.

“I’m trying Shay”

I nod, he sighed. “Night then” he managed to whisper stumbling back toward the front; I pulled the covers over my whole body why did I feel this away? I was happy with Jack wasn’t I? of course I am, that’s a stupid question.

I closed my eyes tightly.

Why did this love thing have to be so complicated?

I knew what I needed to do.

I only had to figure out how I was going to do so.

~~

I know these are super short chapters and I'm terribly sorry but they will start getting longer, :)