Chapter 18 Memories

“Jack what if your parent’s hate me?”

I laughed softly shaking my head as my arms stayed around her waist calming her before we went inside, I kissed the top of her head, nose, cheek then lips.

“They’ll love you Shay I promise.”

I breathed in his scent as I buried my head into his chest, Jack’s face was at the crook of my neck I could feel him smile against my skin as the front door opened he looked up with a smile a woman was standing there I assumed she was Jack’s mom, he took my hand.

“I thought I heard someone at the door.”

“Hey mom”

“This must be Shayla.”

Jack smiled.

“Shayla this is my mom, mom this is Shayla.”

“It’s finally great to meet you, I have heard so much about you.”

I shifted uncomfortably with a smile on his face as his mom brought her in for a hug pulling back moments later she smiled.

“I’ll have dinner ready soon you two.”

I nodded.

“Thanks mom”

She smiled closing the front door leaving the two of us alone outside.

            Dinner had gone perfect, dad loved Shayla as well she seemed more comfortable around them after dinner mom had to show the embarrassing photos of when I was little to pictures of the band and I when they would come over and stay the night, I watched as she smiled at a few of the pictures she would look up every now and again, I smiled she would smile back.

“Jack you best bring her over every now and again.”

I smiled looking over at her.

“I will, I promise.”

Mom brought us both in for a quick hug and smiled letting us both go.

            I let out a short sigh remembering that one memory, I remember Shayla was nervous about meeting them hell I was nervous but not for that reason nervous that they wouldn’t like her they were always picky about who I would bring home, but mom fell in love with Shayla so did I Alex had interrupted my thoughts as he rushed toward me.

“They’re on a fucking plane Jack.”

“What? How did you find that out?”

Alex sighed, “Some fans seen them on the plane it doesn’t say where but they say their on the same plane.”  I shifted uncomfortably.

“I- I called Shayla.”

“What?”

I nod.

“I had to hear her voice Lex; I told her I was sorry, if she doesn’t answer her phone I wait until it goes straight to voice mail so I can hear her.”

“It’s alright you know, to do that.”

I nod slowly.

“I- I need her I’m trying to stay strong to not fuck up again to show her that I really mean what I say.” He put his hand on my shoulder with a smile.

~Alex's Pov~

            I couldn’t control it, I took out my cell phone walking away from Jack dialing Shayla’s number, knowing wherever Shayla was Ash was usually at also I tapped my foot on the floor biting my lip waiting for her to answer.

“Hey it’s Shay leave a message.”

I ran my fingers through my messy hair waiting for the beep.

“Please, Shay..” My voice shook. “I need to know if Ash is okay, I need to know if she’s with you she doesn’t have to talk to me, I just.. I need to know please call me back as soon as you get this?” I sighed pressing the pound key hanging it up i knew everyone was worried about Jack and I , hell I was worried about us too for both of us wondering when one of us was going to break down again.