Chapter 14

Ruby meets the three phantom thieves in training

~Still a flashback~

Ruby backed away a little from the white hair boy but the boy walked a little closer to Ruby. The boy was the same age as Ruby.

"Stay back!" Ruby said a bit scared.

"Hey, don't worry I'm not gonna hurt you I just want to help" The white hair boy said as he puts out his hand to help Ruby up. Ruby puts her hand on the blue hair boy and was pulled up by the boy.

"T-Thanks" Ruby said looking down a bit.

"Hehe, no problem and my name is Jack what's your name?" The white hair boy said known as Jack said as he smiled. Ruby looked at Jack in the eyes a bit.

"R-Ruby" Ruby said lowly.

"That's a nice name, what are you doing here in the forest alone Ruby?" Jack said as Ruby looked down and trying not to let her tears fall down.

"M-My village was attacked a-and my parents they were.......were" Ruby couldn't continue as her tears fell down from her eyes. Jack putted a hand on Ruby's shoulder. Ruby looked at Jack with teary eyes.

"I'm sorry that happened to you, come with me" Jack said as he grabbed Ruby's hand and starts to walk.

"H-Hey wait, where are we going?" Ruby said confused on where Jack is taking her.

"You'll see" Jack said as he was still holding Ruby's hand and continued walking. Then Jack stopped walking as well as Ruby. Ruby saw three tents and saw two other kids like her sitting on the ground.

"Jack, where were you? And who's this girl with you?" The girl with yellow hair and diamond eyes said as Ruby hid herself behind Jack.

"This is Ruby, she was running and accidently bumped into to me" Jack said.

"But why is she running in the middle of the forest?" The boy that has blue hair and has a yellow crown like on his head said.

"She said her village was attacked and her parents well.....you know what I mean" Jack said as Ruby looked down.

"You poor thing, oh I forgot to say that my name is Diamond Queen" The girl with yellow hair and diamond eyes known as Queen said.

"And my name is King"  The boy that has blue hair and has a yellow crown like on his head known as King said.

"I-Its really nice to meet you all but I do have a question" Ruby said as Jack, King and Queen looked at Ruby.

"What is it?" Jack said.

"Why are you three doing here alone without a grown up with you? Are you three siblings?" Ruby said.

"First of we're not siblings and there is no way that I'll be related with this guy" Jack said as he pointed at King.

"Hmph, whatever Jack" King said as he crosses his arms.

"We're just friends and we're here cause this is a part of our training on becoming phantom thieves" Queen said.

"Phantom thief? What's that?" Ruby said as she tilts her head sideways in confusion.

"A phantom thief makes miracles happen and they send advance notice and steel treasure and I'm going to be the best phantom thief" Jack said as he smiled confidently.

"No way, I'm going to be the best phantom thief" King said as he growled at Jack.

"No I am!" Jack yelled and glared at King.