8

I have lost the count of days that passed. My body screamed exhaustion as I walked back to the ward after changing into a new PPE. It took less than a day to add a different room for severely sick patients, but those who have higher chances to survive through. One of these patients, was diagnosed with kidney failure, after 2 days of being admitted to the ward. He was currently on dialysis.

It took me about 3 hours to check on each of my patients. Around 7pm, the lights were dimmed, to provide a comfortable environment for them to rest. Their glucose level, breathing rate, oxygen level were all under check.

'Doctor, bed 10 room 4, its urgent' I rushed past the 2 rooms. Nursed were gathered around the bed. My initial observation was his dangerously low blood pressure. 'Nurse, examine his blood and inject him with antibiotics, incubate him.'The nurses ran upon hearing those commands, carrying out all their respective jobs. He was now under coagulation replacement therapy, which I really hope would be successful.

The death rate in the past days, had slowly started to decrease. 'Doctor, there is someone here to see u'

I nodded walking to the changing room. Replacing myself into a new protective suit, careful not to cross the red line. I followed the purple line to the reception desk. 'Good morning, doctor how can I help you?' I showed him my id 'Ah she's there' he pointed at a far seat.

It was difficult to recognize him at first, but eventually it all came in waves. I walked towards him 'Good morning' I spoke my voice barely audible. He stood up at my presence greeting me with a kind gesture. 'How have u been?'

Tyler, 19-year-old male. Who recovered from the critical stages of the virus.He was shifted to the isolation ward last week. 'I've been better, perfect actually' he replied with a grateful smile. 'These are for you' a bunch of red roses, and white tulips. 'Thank you, but I can't accept the...' he cut me mid way 'It's just a gesture of my gratitude and affection towards you. For all you have and have not done for me' uh...weird young man 'Thank you' I took the flowers from him. 'I am being discharged from this hospital today, well technically shifting to quarantine at a safer place. Summary, of all of this is. I'm being promoted because of your hard work' .... he's confusing me, 'It's my duty, I am a doctor' I reassured him. He gulped in utter visible nervousness. 'I was wondering, if I could treat you with a party after this crisis was over.'

Now THAT wasn't expected 'Um...' he smiled 'Please let me, you are beautiful and hardworking, I'd like to spend more time with you' where exactly was this going? 'Look Tyler, as a doctor. It's my duty to serve my country. You are the bright future of my motherland; it was an honor treating you. But all this is unnecessary, these flowers express your gratitude. Thank you so much for paying us a visit. Now if you please excuse me, I have to return to my ward.' With that I turned around. This was awkward and funny; I mean did a teen boy just confess? Could this get any more cliché? Trying my level best to hold in my laugh, and consume the atmosphere, I walked away.

The ward was silent once again, as I walked to the rest room. 'Doctor Hywa, where have you been?' Kaira chimed 'Huh, lemme just change' I rushed to the room, getting out of this coffin like suit, into my kit. 'YES. So, you were saying?' it was lovely to inhale, fresh oxygen 'She was saying you are late, we got us something' Brandon rolled his eyes. The nurses off duty laughed at the corner of the room. I cocked my eye brow in curiosity 'What prank are you up to Brandon?' he chuckled. 'Oh, nothing much sweetie' Kaira handed me a package, white in color. 'Trust me if this is a prank, I'm throwing you all out of this room' everyone laughed, as I opened the package.

'Huh' more laughs, this time one of them was mine. 'Seriously Brandon?' he nodded his head sheepishly. 'Come on, you have to admit it's a genius idea' I rolled my eyes 'Yea yea Kaira. Its only genius for you, because Brandon invented it.' I smirk, she blushed. Hywa 1 Kaira 0.

Someone cleared their throat, as I stood their observing the piece of clothing in my hand. 'Hey Jimin' Kaira said, making me turn around at the speed of light, that's when I heard more laughs from the room 'Ugh Kairaaaaaaa' 'What?' he held her stomach, tears coming out of her eyes as she laughed. 'Looks like we are even. Kaira 1 Hywa 1' she shrugged.

'Ooooh, when we get out of this hospital, finally, we are going to keep a HUGE bachelorette party for those who are NOT ENGAGED' Neomi exclaimed 'Hahaha very funny sweetheart' I huffed.        It was nice to have a decent conversation, amidst the depressing talks.