15

I filled the entire ward with balloons, I mean why wouldn't I? Jimin was being shifted from the ward to quarantine today. He wasn't as badly infected as any of my other patients. His recovery took slightly over 2 weeks. The duration was difficult, injecting him with heavy doses of drugs, seeing him play between life and death wasn't as easy as it sounds. His kidney was still under treatment, he was advised to get it removed. And my oh so wise fiancé did just that.

I decorated his entire ICU room with balloons and brought a cake. It wasn't a difficult task since I was on call today. My eyes brimmed with tears as I let the happiness take over me. He was alive, he was a warrior, he fought through. There was a soft knock on the door jerking me out of my dreamland 'Come in' the room was filled with cheers within a second. Kaira and Brandon entered , hooting screaming. Behind them a couple of nurses rolled Jimins bed inside. 'Good evening doctor, Doctor Jimin is healing and under anesthesia, he needs heavy rest' I nodded at her as she left. 'Mind zipping up people?' I glared at the two sickly in love monkeys, as they rolled their eyes bursting into giggles on their way out. They wouldn't let this one down ughhhh.

My eyes soften as I glanced over at Jimin again. Gently placing a kiss on the top of his head. 'Welcome back, baby' replacing my lips on his soft ones.

Baby, I owed you my life, yet I couldn't do anything when you laid cold in your death bed. I couldn't take any action when they handed you over to mother nature. Baby, I am sorry, I am so sorry for leaving you alone in these cold nights. I am sorry I couldn't give you the future you desired. I am so sorry, love.

The next few days were a blur, I wore a huge smile on my face working on my patients and once in a while visiting Jimin's bed. Everything was spectacular, 'HYWAAAAA!' Kaira screamed through the other room 'Shut up Karia we are in An ICU INTENSIVE CARE UNIT, for goodness sake' her eyes instantly fell on the ground and she nodded in guilt. I walked over to her. 'What is it?' she looked up like an innocent little puppy, raising her her hand. 'How come I never noticed? Your hand is pretty' she rolled her eyes 'Yea yea, do you not see the ring on my oh too pretty finger?' I looked at it, 'That's pretty too, is it pure diamond?' she groaned rolling her eyes, followed by a smack on my head 'IDIOT! BRANDON PROPOSE ME ' she screamed announcing it to the whole ward, only to blush and dip her head down in utter embarrassment. There was a wave of laughs, hooting, appreciation. I cocked my eyebrow at her as she sheepishly giggled. 'Congratulations, IDIOT' we sealed the moment with a hug.

You were so bright and smiley that day. We asked them for a huge, EXPENSIVE treat and they promised it. You helped me in my PPE later that day, so I could help you find a perfect gift for them. Were you still pretending that day? Was I never enough for you to stay?