19. Choice

---
"Mom, what is it? You look so happy."  

I smiled to my mother. Looking at her  smiling from ear to ear warms my heart. It's the best scenery I always wanted to see, I only want happiness for my mom and her smile is my favourite.

"I'm going to tell you this but do not tell your dad yet, it's our little secret for now, hmm?" She's still all smiles while she caresses my hair.

"What is it, mom?" I slightly creased my forehead in curiousity. She inhaled deeply and eyed me.

"Okay, last week I wasn't feeling well. I thought I was just exhausted from work, I rested myself in the office but the other day I felt nauseous again and I threw up. I was worried but I didn't tell your dad about it and--"

"Mom!" I cut her off.

"You should have told me, I should have accompanied you to the hospital--"

"Bree, anak, listen first. I'm fine.. There's nothing wrong with me. I did not go to the hospital  but, yesterday I threw up again when I woke up so I decided to get myself checked." She tucked my hair behind my ear. I listened, my eyes not leaving hers.

"The doctor said.." I became more worried when her eyes starts to water.

"She said, I'm two months pregnant. I'm having a baby, anak. We're having another baby." My eyes widen.

What?

My mom's pregnant? H-how did that.. Oh my gosh, I'm going to be a sister.

Mommy cried in happiness. I hugged her, I am happy, too, for her. She always wanted to have another baby. I am their only child. She struggled to bear another when they were trying to give me a sibling. Mom's still young, she had me when she was 17 and dad married her after her 18th birthday. Dad was ten years ahead from mommy but she fell in love with him. That was what she told me when I asked her their lovestory.

"Dino will be happy when he hears about it."

"What? Tita Sherina is pregnant?" Evans surprised face attacked me.

"Yeah." I answered lazily.

"Damn, tito Bernadino, still potent huh." He smirked.

"Of course, Evans, he's still fourty-eight." I rolled my eyes.

"You're going to be a sissy, then." He chuckled.

"So? I like the idea." I stuffed my mouth with the spoon, savoring the chocolate cake on my tongue.

"Our only baby girl will be a big sis, soon." He lifted his index finger and wiped the side of my lips. He stared at me.

I slowly held his finger without breaking our eye contact. His eyes went down on my lips, when he turned his eyes on mine I pulled up his finger and quickly put it inside my mouth and bit it with my mighty teeth.

He hissed then his eyes shut tightly while muttering a low curse. I let go of his finger and laughed at his agony. Poor boy.

"Man, that was wild." He said massaging his index finger.

"Bakit hindi ka sumigaw? Sayang naman." Tumawa pa ako lalo.

"Aso ka na rin pala, akala ko dragona lang. Bree The Doggy, nice."

"And you're the mite beneath my claws."

"Oh, I'll be sucking your blood, then? Fine."