Making Friends

Your POV

I was sitting across from Ciel at his desk.
"So, what's my father like?"
Ciel shrugged.
"He's good at his job. I don't really know what else to say."
I nodded.
"So, I take it you and Undertaker are a thing?"
I smiled.
"Yeah. He saved my life. He's a really good person once you get past his exterior."
He looked up at me.
"You mean the giggly creepy exterior?"
I nodded and Ciel smirked.
"So, Sebastian told me that you and Grell are friends. How is that?"
"I don't really know, to be honest. He's kind of a lot to handle, but he's actually a really good friend. He's the one that saved me from having to talk to Alois the first time."
Ciel's face changed to irritated.
"Speaking of Alois, you need to be careful. He could come looking for you at any time."
I started messing with my hands and looked down.
"Why does he want me?"
He sighed.
"He knows that it would hurt Sebastian if something were to happen to you."
I nodded and looked back up at him.
"You know Ciel, you aren't as mean as you seem. You try to act tough, but it's nice being able to talk to you. I feel like you're the only person that is real with me. I feel like Undertaker is hiding something from me."
He rested his head on his hands.
"Some things are better being hidden. If he's hiding something from you it's to keep you from getting hurt."
I nodded.
"So (y/n), what was your mother like?"
I sighed.
"She was beautiful. I don't think I've ever met someone as pretty as she was. She was really nice. Whenever I was upset, she would sing me a song, and make me something to eat. She always made sure that I had everything I wanted. Even when she was sad, she always made sure that I was happy. I really miss her, you know?"
He nodded. I wiped a tear from my eye.
"So, what about your parents? What happened to them?"
He sighed.
"They died in a fire a few years ago. That's why I have a contract with your father. When he finds who kills them, he gets my soul."
I nodded.
"You're so young. I wish there was some way that I could change that. Elizabeth will be heart broken."
He nodded.
"It was the only thing I could think of in the moment, but I don't regret my decision. People that mess with the Phantomhive family must die."
I nodded and stood up.
"Well, I'm gonna go talk to Mey Rin. I'll see you later."
I turned around.
"(Y/n) wait. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Come back, let's play chess."
About an hour went by, me and Ciel talking the whole time we played. He seemed like he was a pretty good friend. Underneath that hard exterior was a little boy, and I feel like sometimes people forget that. There was a knock on the door and Ciel sighed.
"Come in."
My father and Adrian walked in together. I smiled and Adrian, but he didn't smile back.
"There was an intruder. They're gone now, but they may return."
Ciel nodded and Adrian walked over to me. He put his hands on my shoulders and squeezed. I knew that he was trying to reassure me, but it didn't really help. I knew that it was Alois.
"Very well. Sebastian, make sure that all the doors and windows are locked. Undertaker, take care of (y/n)."
Adrian nodded.
"I'm going to the room to unpack, you should come with me."
"She'll meet you there. I need to have a word with her first."
Adrian nodded and walked out with my father.
"(Y/n), what happened to your arm?"
I looked down at it.
"Oh, nothing really. Just an accident in the kitchen. Don't worry, though. My father took care of it."
Ciel nodded and stood up. He walked over to me and held out his hand. I gave him my arm and he started unwrapping it.
"Just as I thought, your powers are starting to kick in."
I looked at my arm and saw that the burn was already healing. He wrapped it back up and sat back down.
"(Y/n), I need to ask something of you."
"Okay, what is it?"
"Be careful. Please."
I stood up and nodded.
"Goodbye, Ciel. I enjoyed talking to you."
He nodded and I began walking to my room. I'm glad I talked to him. He seems like a really good friend. I opened the door to our room and saw Adrian putting my clothes into the wardrobe.
"Hey, thanks for helping."
He looked at me and smiled.
"What did he want to talk to you about?"
I shook my head and sat down on the bed.
"Just telling me to be careful."
He nodded and came to sit down beside me. I rested my head on his shoulder and he put his arm around mine.
"It's gonna be okay, (y/n)."
"I know."
We sat like that for what seemed like forever. I never wanted to let him go. No matter what was going on, he always made me feel safe. I didn't have to worry about anything around him.
"What do you say we go to town and get the stuff to make cookies? They always make you feel better."
I smiled and nodded.
"Yeah, that would be great. I need a distraction right now."
I stood up and looked at him. I grabbed his hands and pulled him up off of the bed.
"Come on, lets go!"
He giggled and we walked out the door hand in hand. I could never get tired of the feeling of his hand in mine. I was really looking forward to being able to spend time with him.