Quality Time

Your POV

I smiled as I walked out to the carriage with Adrian. He helped me into the carriage and I sat down next to him.
"So, what are we gonna do?"
I laid my head on his shoulder and he rested his head on mine.
"Whatever you want, love. As long as I'm with you it doesn't matter."
I grabbed his hand and squeezed it. The carriage started moving and I looked out the window. This day was going to be perfect. I hadn't gotten to spend actual time with him for a while, so this was long overdo. It was quiet most of the way to town, but not like an awkward silence. We were just enjoying the fact that we were together. The carriage stopped and Adrian got out. He held my hand as he helped me out of the carriage and I looked around.
"So, what do you want to do?"
He smiled.
"Whatever you want."
I sighed and looked up at the sky. It was a beautiful day outside.
"Let's go for a walk."
He nodded and we started walking. I noticed people looking at us weird, but I didn't know why.
"What's on your mind, Adrian?"
He hummed.
"You seem really quiet. Distant, almost."
I sighed.
"I'm just worried about you."
I sighed and stopped walking. I looked at him in the eye and smiled.
"Adrian, nothing is going to happen to me. I promise you, I'm going to be okay."
He nodded and we started walking again. All I could think about was the feeling of his hand in mine, and how I never wanted it to go away. I looked up at saw him looking at me. I blushed and looked away. He giggled and I rolled my eyes.
"You're funny when you're embarrassed."
I smiled and play punched his arm.
"That's not fair. You think everything is funny."
He grinned.
"Tell me a joke."
I had to think about it for a minute. He really likes dad jokes for some reason. Probably because they're so stupid.
"Do you want to hear a joke about construction?"
He nodded.
"Sure."
I smirked.
"I'm still working on it."
He laughed. His laughter was contagious. People were looking at us like we were crazy, but we didn't care. It's more fun when you're weird, normal is boring. We continued on like this for what seemed like an hour.
"People are staring."
He giggled and we arrived at the park. There were a few little children playing in the grass, but other than that we were alone. There was a bench underneath a tree so we went and sat on it. I rested my head on his shoulder.
"I love you, Adrian."
He rested his head on mine and squeezed my hand.
"I love you too, (y/n)."
One of the little kids looked at us. He didn't say anything, he just watched. I thought it was really weird, but I didn't really mind. Kids do all sorts of weird things. I looked up at Adrian and smiled.
"Do you ever wonder what life would be like if you would've left me in the alley?"
He shook his head.
"I couldn't imagine what life would be like without you. I know it sounds cheesy but it's true."
I sighed and closed my eyes. I could just sit there for forever, never moving a muscle. Moments like this with Adrian made me appreciate my life more than I ever had before. The tree rustled and I looked up. A white feather drifted down and landed on my lap. Adrian lifted his head up and grabbed it. His face got serious, and he stood up.
"We need to get going, (y/n). Come on."
He reached out his hand to me and I took it. We started walking back towards the market, but we never stopped to get ingredients for cookies. We just kept walking, until we were out of town. He stopped and put his hands on my shoulders.
"(Y/n), I need you to promise me something."
"What is it? Adrian, what's wrong?"
"Promise me that no matter what happens, you'll always protect yourself."
I nodded and he pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back and we stayed like that for a couple minutes. I could feel that he was worried about me. I could feel the tension in his entire body.
"Adrian, nothing is going to happen to me. I'm going to be okay, I promise."
I pulled apart from him and looked at him. He was perfect. His bright green eyes were staring at me, but I didn't mind. He leaned forward and put his forehead against mine.
"I never want to lose you, (y/n). Never. I don't even want to imagine a world without you in it."
I smiled.
"Adrian, I'll be okay."
I could feel his breath on lips as he looked at me. I closed my eyes and we kissed. It felt like everything in my life was supposed to lead up to this. It felt right. It ended and we looked at each other, smiling.
"I love you, (y/n)."
"I love you too, Adrian."

Third Person POV

They were being watched. He had been following them since they left the manor, watching her. He took note of everything she said and did, so he could report it back to his boss. His boss didn't like the fact that she hung around such filth. Shinigami and demons were the worst you could get, their souls tainted. Hers however was perfect. As long as they could manipulate her to join them, she would be clean. They had been watching her since the second she left on her own, taking notes. Notes on what she truly desired. They were ready, only waiting for the perfect opportunity to come.

Your POV

We waited for the carriage to take us back to the manor. I yawned and he looked at me.
"Are you tired, love?"
I nodded and the carriage rolled up to us. He helped me and and I sat down next to him, resting my head on his shoulder.
"It's already dark out. It didn't seem like we were gone for that long."
He nodded.
"Time flies when you're having fun."
I nodded and noticed that my eyes were starting to get heavy. I yawned again and wiped the water from my eyes.
"You should sleep. I'll carry you inside."
I shook my head.
"It's okay, I can wait."
He wrapped his arms around my shoulders and rested his head on mine.
"Nonsense. Sleep, it's okay."
I closed my eyes and started to fall asleep. Right before I fell asleep I heard Adrian say something.
"They'll never take you away from me."
Who is they? Why would they want to take me away? I shrugged off the thought. It can wait for another time. For now, I'm going to sleep.