At Long Last

Third Person POV

"Undertaker. We need to talk."
Adrian sat down and sighed.
"What do you want, Will. I'm really not in the mood to talk to you right now."
Grell was standing on the other side of the room, acting like he was minding his own business.
"You did (y/n) a favor. Saved her a lot of pain and suffering."
Adrian looked up at him, his eyes getting darker.
"What?"
Will cleared his throat, clearly intimidated by Adrian.
"You see, she was already dying. If left alone, she would have slowly lost her mind, little by little. Either you or her father would have had to kill her in the end."
Adrian stood up.
"What the hell are you talking about, William?"
Will took a step back.
"Her mother. When she stabbed (y/n), she poisoned the demon part of her soul. She would lose her mind as the angel part took over. She would have turned to an angel, and you would have had to kill her."
Adrian looked over at Grell, not knowing whether or not to believe him.
"So she was in pain this whole time?"
Will nodded. Adrian sat back down and Grell came over to him.
"Undertaker, I know this is hard. I loved her too. She was my sister. We're in this together, you don't have to do it alone."
Adrian moved his shoulder away from Grell's hand. It was his fault she was dead in the first place. He didn't know how to feel. He saved her a lot of pain, but he lost her a lot sooner.
"Does her father know?"
Will nodded.
"I've already informed him of the situation. I have to go now, lots of paperwork to do."
He walked out and left the two of them there.

Your POV

I opened my eyes and saw a giant room. There were lots of people moving about, but everything was kind of blurry. I thought I recognized someone, but I wasn't sure. I didn't know where I was supposed to go. I walked over to a flight of stairs and went up. There were lots of books everywhere. I saw a door and walked toward it. It was locked, it wouldn't open.
"Dad? Ciel? Adrian?"

Third Person POV

There was no answer. She started walking back towards the books, and one caught her eye. It was
(f/c), her favorite color. She grabbed it off the shelf and looked at the cover. It said (y/n) Michaelis. She opened it and started reading. It was her life. She skipped to the part after her mother died, the part she didn't remember. She started reading, and all of her memories started coming back. She read about how Adrian took her in and cared for her. She read about all of the fun times they had together, all of their conversations, everything. It was all playing back in her head like a movie. She met her dad, Ciel, and Elizabeth. She was at the ball again. She trained with her father. Adrian confessed his love for her. They went on dates, and hung out all the time. They were inseparable. She was in the room she was in now, trying to escape death from her mother. She was back at the manor, then in the garden with Adrian. She was at the ball, then she was dead. Now she was here, not knowing what to do. Why was she here? She heard a door open and she closed the book, turning it over. It was a short summary of her life.

(Y/n) Michaelis, half demon half angel. Loved by everyone around her, sought after by all. Died of poisoning, revived as a reaper by the kiss of Death.

Your POV

Wait, I'm alive?"
"Excuse me."
I ignored the voice and put my book back on the shelf, right where it had been before. I couldn't even wrap my head around everything that was happening.
"Your not supposed to be in here."
The voice was really close this time. Two hand landed on my shoulders and spun me around. I was looking at Will. His mouth dropped when he saw me
"(Y/n)?"
I smiled.
"Nice to see you again, crabby pants."
He was completely astounded, but suddenly his face fell.
"(Y/n), what did you do?"
"What do you mean?"
He let go of me and took out his phone. He texted someone and put it back in his pocket.
"(Y/n), how could you do this to Undertaker? He thinks it's all his fault."
I was ultra confused. Of course it wasn't Adrian's fault. How could it be?
"Seriously Will, stop with the games. What are you talking about?"
He sighed and rubbed his eyes.
"The only way to become a reaper is to kill yourself."
What? I didn't kill myself. I rolled my eyes.
"I didn't kill myself, Will. Look for yourself."
He walked past me and grabbed my book. He grabbed my hand and started walking towards the door.
"This has never happened before. Come with me."
He was walking really fast, I could barely keep up.
"Will, slow down!"
I tripped over something and almost fell, but someone caught me. It was someone I had seen before.
"Still don't have your glasses? You should be more careful. Wait... (y/n)?"
I nodded and the man smiled.
"Nice to see you again! It's Ronald Knox."
I smiled.
"Nice to see you too."
Will started dragging me again. We went down a long hallway and into an office. Will let go of my hand and sat down behind a desk. He started typing in a computer.
"What are you doing? And where am I?"
He sighed.
"I'm looking for something, and you're at reaper headquarters."
I looked around the office to see the walls were bare, and there was no sort of decor anywhere. It was plain.
"You know, you should really get some decorations in here. It's depressing."
"Being a reaper is depressing, get used to it."
I rolled my eyes and blinked a few times. I was bored.

Third Person POV

Adrian and Grell's phones both buzzed. Grell looked at his and sighed.
"Will wants us at headquarters. He says it's an emergency."
Adrian shook his head.
"I'm retired. He knows that."
Grell lifted Adrian off his chair.
"Just come with, it'll take your mind off of things. Give you a distraction."
Adrian rolled his eyes and walked to the door.
"Let's go. But I'm telling you right now he better not be messing with me, I'm not in the mood."
They started on their way to headquarters,  not knowing what to expect. In Will's office he finally found what he had been looking for.
"There's no way."
(Y/n) sighed.
"What?"
"It says: the kiss of Death has never happened before, and may never happen. The god of death may  grant one person a second life as a reaper by kissing them before their death. This situation is extremely rare and very unlikely to happen."
She was confused. Adrian saved her? She didn't even remember him kissing her. The last thing she remembered was Grell saying goodbye.
"So Adrian saved me?"
"I wouldn't say saved. He gave you another life, but a reaper's life can be hard."
The door opened and two people came walking in. It was blurry and they were far away, so she couldn't make out their faces.
"Will, what is so important you have to bother me in my retirement."
She knew that voice. She stood up.
"I have a surprise for you."
Will pointed at (y/n) and both Grell and Adrian turned to look.
"(Y/n)?!"
"Adrian!"
He ran to her and wrapped his arms around her as tight as he posible could. He couldn't believe that she was alive. How? He had seen her die. He let go of her and looked at her. She was still in her dress, her hair and makeup done. The only thing different about her was the color of her eyes. They were bright green instead of their old beautiful (e/c). He didn't mind, especially since the love of his life was back.
"Wait, you did this to yourself?"
She shook her head.
"You saved me, Adrian."
The two new additions to the room were confused. Will sighed and turned the computer.
"The kiss of death."
It all made sense now. (Y/n) hugged Adrian again, happy she was able to be in his arms again. He hugged her back, a tear falling from his eye. She wiped it and smiled at him.
"Adrian, don't cry. I'm back for good this time. I'll never leave you again."
They stayed together for what seemed like an eternity, until Will cleared his voice.
"You should go see your father, don't you think?"
She nodded and the three of them began to walk out of the room.
"Grell, stay put. You're in trouble."
Grell squealed.
"Will, how unfair of you! You tease me with those eyes."
(Y/n) laughed and the couple walked down the stairs. Everyone was looking at them. The beautiful girl in the gorgeous dress and the most famous reaper to have ever existed. The made it to the bottom of the stairs, and (y/n) stopped.

Your POV

I grabbed Adrian's hands and looked at him. He looked down at me with his green eyes that I could barely see. I sighed and he smiled, pulling out a hair clip. I chuckled and pinned back his hair.
"Adrian, I remember."
He was confused.
"What?"
I squeezed his hands.
"I read my book. I remember everything."
His smiled got wider and he hugged me, squeezing all the air out of my lungs. He let go and looked at me.
"I love you, Adrian."
"I love you too, (y/n). I never want to be without you again. You're my everything. My entire world, my entire heart. Which is why..."
He pulled something out of his pocket and got down on one knee. I gasped. There was no way this was happening.
"I need to ask you. Will you marry me?"
I nodded.
"Of course I will!"
He stood up and hugged me, spinning me around in circles. Everyone started cheering.
"We have to go tell my father."
He nodded and we started on our way back to the Phantomhive Manor.