ONE

❝Tum ho he chaval❞

Ifrah huffed out a breath after putting her backpack on the ground and tucked some of her silky stray hair behind her ear which had escaped from her ponytail

Ifrah huffed out a breath after putting her backpack on the ground and tucked some of her silky stray hair behind her ear which had escaped from her ponytail. She folded the sleeves of her red checkered boyfriend shirt to her elbows before looking around the port where other tourists like her were waiting for the tour guide to arrive so that they can start their journey to the island. Her wandering eyes caught a certain raven haired guy and they immediately turned into slits behind her black aviators.

He was running a hand through his hair while chewing on a gum which had been in his mouth for God knows how long. His plain black button up shirt was tucked out of his denim jeans and Ifrah's left eye twitched in annoyance when she caught some of the girls eyeing him like he was a gola ganda in this hot and dry weather.

She hated the fact that her husband (unfortunately) was an obvious looker and made heads turn in his direction wherever he went. And the most miserable part was that he was aware of it. Even now he seemed indifferent to the girl's looks while Ifrah knew it was anything but.

Aayan Abdullah breathed female attention.

As if sensing her withering gaze, Aayan turned his head in her direction. They were standing a good ten feet away from each other (deliberately), but Ifrah still caught the arrogant cock of his brow; taunting her for her stare. He even pulled his black ray bans down to look at her with his caramel brown eyes and she let out a scoff, before turning away from his insufferable (yet handsome) face.

She pulled out her phone from her black jeans' pocket and started scrolling through it to kill time. They didn't have to wait long, for the tour guide arrived in a few minutes and called out the people to board the travel company's liveaboard. The tourists started moving in a queue and Ifrah followed with her backpack. She was going to take the spot after a random man in the line when someone bumped into her, and made her stagger some steps back.

Ifrah looked up to see her stupid better half standing there while staring ahead and chewing on his gum.

“That's my spot.” she gritted out.

Aayan innocently tilted his head in her direction. “Are you talking to me?” he asked with a finger pointed at his chest.

“No, I was talking to the air.” she replied sarcastically. His full lips turned into an 'O'.

“Oh acha. Carry on, then.”

“You ull— ” she started with a glare but some lady interrupted her.

“Can you please get out of the way?”

Ifrah's ears turned red at the lady's annoyance and she hurriedly stood behind her husband. Aayan chuckled quietly to himself, and earned a kick at his shin from the back. Now it was her turn to smirk smugly to herself.