TWENTY THREE

❝I'm not a typical husband❞

Ifrah grumpily went out of the lake with a stomp in her feet as Aayan's loud laugh boomed across the area

Ifrah grumpily went out of the lake with a stomp in her feet as Aayan's loud laugh boomed across the area. It made her stomach flip but she was too annoyed with him to admire his laugh.

Or any other quality.

“Wait!” he called out but she was already making her way to the slope. She wanted to get away from him. They've been drowning each other in water for a long time anyway.

Aayan immediately broke into a run when he saw that she wasn't listening and grabbed the back of her shirt to pull her towards him. Ifrah let out a shriek when she fell back into him and his arms came around to wrap across her torso.

“Let go of me, you useless piece of plastic!” she said out loud while smacking his arms with her good hand to make him let go.

The raven haired guy chuckled before saying; “Plastic is recyclable. So, I'm not that useless.”

He quickly moved his head back to dodge her oncoming elbow with wide eyes and an involuntary 'woah' escaped his lips. “Calm down, sheesh.” he said.

Ifrah breathed heavily as her temper started rising and she said with gritted teeth; “How the eff am I supposed to calm down when you broke the rule?!” her voice became a scream in the end and Aayan cringed before holding back a smile.

“But you enjoyed it too.” he nuzzled into her neck and Ifrah's whole face reddened for an entirely different reason.

“I didn't!” she exclaimed before smacking him on the head with her fist and his hold on her loosened. She saw the opportunity and hastily got out of his arms.

Aayan was rubbing the crown of his head with a scowl etched on his face as he watched his wife storm away to the forest.

“It was only an innocent peck!” he yelled after her. “And you were returning it, you mad woman!”

Okay, now he was annoyed too.

Ifrah stopped to glare down at him from the slop and said; “You just contradicted yourself, idiot. Why would I return it if it was only a peck?”

He clenched his jaw at her smart reply as she passed him a sickly sweet smile before continuing on her way up to where they'd deposited their bags. A sudden realization made an evil grin to appear on his lips and he followed her.

Ifrah had reached the bags when he came up and said after collecting his breath.

“You just admitted that you were returning it. Means; you enjoyed it.”

Her hand stopped where she was grabbing her shoes before she went back to normal. Aayan's grin widened because he had caught the momentary stiffness of her shoulders and he took some lazy steps forward.