FIVE

❝Ainda mujhy hath na lgana❞

The couple stood quietly under the rain in an embrace for God knows how long before Ifrah pulled her face away from her husband's chest and stared up at his face with red eyes

“You left me alone.” she stated in a weak voice with a hint of accusation, and Aayan pursed his lips.

“I didn't— I mean, well... ” he sighed while rubbing a hand down his face to get rid of the wetness from the rain. “Yeah, I kinda did,” he cringed when Ifrah's eyes welled up with tears. “But then I felt bad and returned. How funny, considering you yourself told me to leave you alone.”

The chestnut haired girl's eyes got narrowed. “I told you to leave me alone, ye nahi kaha tha ke dafa ho jao.” (I didn't tell you to get lost.)

Aayan raised his brows at her annoyance and then slowly stared down at her hand which was still gripping tight onto his shirt. He clicked his tongue before looking at her again.

“What a shame, here I thought you were done insulting me.”

His wife's face turned red and her hold on his shirt tightened a bit more before she let go of it abruptly and took some steps back. A wolfish grin made its way on Aayan's face and he straightened his shirt before saying; “Why did you let go? I was enjoying the closeness.”

Ifrah gave him a murderous glare but her face was as red as a tomato which made him chuckle. “Okay, okay, no teasing. But ainda mujhy hath na lgana. It was very awkward.” (don't touch me again.) he shuddered to add some effect to his statement and Ifrah scoffed.

“Sure,” she drawled. “It only happened in the heat of the moment, my bad.”

He nodded mockingly and the sky boomed with another thunder which made them snap back to reality and they noticed that it was raining very hard while both of them were soaked to the bone. Aayan caught sight of Ifrah's left hand and cursed.

“What the fück?” he stepped forward to hold her hand and she winced at the slight movement. “It's swollen, idiot. You should've let me check on it when I asked you to.” he glared at her after inspecting it, and Ifrah returned his look.

The wrist had turned blue like a bruise and was hurting with even the slightest of movements. Aayan sighed heavily and rubbed some water away from his face before staring at her.

“Look, we're gonna forget about arguing for some while and make escaping this stupid jungle our priority, okay? I've found a small cave in some distance and we'll spend the night there after treating your wrist because I don't want you to become a fücking baggage for me.”

He had said that out loud, but inside he was angry for her having the bruise in the first place. And this sudden feeling of sympathy annoyed him to no end.