TWENTY FIVE

❝Listen here, you basket case❞

Both of them were running like crazy along the thick trees

Both of them were running like crazy along the thick trees. Well, more like Aayan was running while dragging a huffing and puffing Ifrah behind him. She hadn't heard the sound and it made her think that maybe her husband was blessed with heightened senses. Because he smelled those bananas that day from so far and now he heard the sound of ocean waves.

That, or Ifrah was just deaf.

“Are you sure,” she took in a deep breath while trying to keep up with his run. “That you heard right?”

“Of course!” he shot back, not really caring that he was extra loud.

His eyes widened when he saw the trees ending at the end of the path they were running on and he let out an excited hoot. Ifrah wanted to show her own happiness too, but she was already occupied with swallowing as much air as she could to not faint right then and there due to the pounding of her feet against the dirt.

I will start exercising the moment I'm off this island.

Motivation ki had tkk kafi hai ye khyal.

(The thought is nice for motivation only.)

Her inner voice said in a mean tone and she scowled. Ifrah was brought out of her thoughts when Aayan abruptly let go of her hand and ran out on the sand with his arms spread wide.

Azaadi!” he yelled out to the sky before breaking into a laugh. Ifrah was panting like she'd just experienced an asthma attack while hunching down to put her hands on her knees. A gasp left her when she was suddenly pulled into her husband's arms and he started twirling her around.

“We made it out, babe!” his happiness had no bounds at the moment.

Unfortunately his wife couldn't share it with him.

Ifrah's head spun as her breath got knocked out of her and she jammed her fists on Aayan's shoulders.

“Let me go! Or— ” she covered her mouth as a wave of nausea hit her and Aayan dropped her like he was electrocuted. She landed on her behind with an 'oof' and he immediately went to her side.

“Shït. You okay?” he asked frantically.

Ifrah wanted to smack his head with a rock for asking such a stupid question and dropping her like that but she focused on her breathing first. After some moments, she was feeling better, and the first thing she did was smacking Aayan on his shoulder with a glare.

“Ow!” he exclaimed while rubbing the sore spot. He didn't have to frown for long because the very next second she threw her arms around his neck with a squeal and he lost his balance, making both of them land on the ground with Ifrah on top of him.

“We're out of that stupid forest!” she said before letting out another squeal in the crook of his neck and he chuckled while wrapping an arm around her waist.