EIGHT

❝Tumhary bachay hon gy bandar jaisy!❞

As she had decided, Ifrah ignored her husband and kept her lips sealed

As she had decided, Ifrah ignored her husband and kept her lips sealed. She didn't make any kind of remarks; neither smart nor annoying, and just focused on collecting the branches as he had instructed. Aayan had also noticed her sudden closed off demeanor and it was (unfortunately) bothering him a bit.

Is it because of her hand?

He thought while stealing a glance at Ifrah who was putting some thick branches in the middle of the clearing. Aayan watched as her face slightly contorted in pain and he cursed under his breath before making his way to where she was standing. He placed the trunks he had collected and dusted off his hands before facing her and aksed;

"How's your wrist?"

Ifrah didn't look at him when she replied. "Good."

Sheesh.

The raven haired guy's eyebrows creased together at her crisp tone but he brushed it off and said; "Okay. Forget about the branches, just collect some soft twigs or vines. We will use them as ropes."

Ifrah silently nodded her head and went back to the thick bushes, leaving a very confused and irritated Aayan behind. Confused as to why she was suddenly acting like a brick, and irritated because why the fück he even cared?

He rubbed a tired hand down his face and returned to the task of collecting branches to avoid thinking about the stupid woman.

Twenty minutes later, they were standing before two piles of wood which was soon going to be turned into a house (according to Aayan), and Ifrah let out a huge breath of relief when she realized that she wouldn't have to work anymore.

“There's one more thing we need,” Her husband's voice made her lips turn back into a frown and she spared him an irritated glance.

What could he want now?

“Rocks.” Aayan completed his previous comment before facing her. “To make a base, then we'll make the floor on them with the branches.” he explained.

Ifrah only cocked a brow in return, making him roll his eyes. “Of course you don't get it.”

She crossed her arms and gave him a straight look. “Can you stop that?”

Now it was Aayan's turn to raise a brow. “Stop what?”

“The jabs. Every statement which tumbles out of your stupid mouth has been degrading me since we got stuck here.”