FOUR

❝Just leave me alone❞

For some very long moments, both of them sat near the edge of the cliff in hopes that someone would notice their absence and the boat would turn around to search for them

For some very long moments, both of them sat near the edge of the cliff in hopes that someone would notice their absence and the boat would turn around to search for them. But it didn't happen; and they watched with a sinking feeling as the liveaboard got smaller and smaller until they couldn't see it anymore. The dark grey clouds had also reached the island and the wind was blowing even faster than before.

It all felt like a very bad dream to Ifrah, who was sitting on the ground with bent knees and in a deep state of shock.

“Why did they return so soon? It was supposed to stay here for some while.” she had mainly muttered the question to herself, but Aayan heard it and answered;

“It's because of the weather, I think the mainland informed them about the storm and they cut the trip short.” he mumbled and dropped his head before letting out a sigh.

He ran an anxious hand through his hair before covering his face with both hands to grab a hold of his jumbled up mind.

Breathe in, breathe out. Stay calm. Stay the fück calm.

He kept chanting in his head before exhaling a breath and turning to look at his wife. His eyes widened slightly when he caught her frozen state and he internally cursed. He had forgotten that she nearly faced death a few minutes ago and moved forward a bit.

“Uh— hey, how's your hand?” he cringed at the way he said that but Ifrah didn't reply.

All that was going through the chestnut haired girl's mind right now was that he was the reason for their being stranded on this island. If he had just freaking listened to her!

Ifrah didn't respond and moved her legs to huddle them closer to her chest while wrapping her right arm around her knees. Her left hand lied numb at her side. Aayan bit his bottom lip and tried again.

“Listen— ”

“Shut up.” Ifrah's cold voice made him freeze at the spot and a frown appeared on his face. She faced him this time, and his breath hitched when he caught her tear filled eyes.

“All of this happened because of you. If you had not acted like a child and stopped when I told you to, we wouldn't have to be here.”

Annoyance seeped through the raven haired guy's veins and he asked in a low voice; “Are we really going to play the fücking blame game now?” When he caught her steely gaze, he let out a disbelieving scoff. “Oh wow,” he laughed bitterly while staring up at the sky, the wind moving his silky strands in different directions. He faced her again and continued; “Okay then, you are the actual reason, because I didn't want to be here at all. You made us come to this shïtty trip and now we're stranded on an island in the middle of nowhere!”