TEN

❝Bohat he koi besharam admi ho❞

Aayan was a creep.

Well, that was the only word which came up in his mind when he found himself staring at Ifrah's sleeping face in the morning. He didn't have any idea as to why he was even wasting his time by mindlessly staring at her, but he couldn't seem to pull away his gaze.

She looks so...

He took in her soft, steady breaths, and the long lashes touching her cheeks which were smudged with some light dirt. Her lips were slightly parted and chapped, but the redness from whatever magical lipstick she used still remained there, and Aayan felt this sudden urge to scold her for using that lipstick in the first place. Because it was fogging up his mind and making his heart go crazy. He quickly clenched his eyes shut when stupid thoughts started appearing in his mind and he sucked in a deep breath.

Satak raha hun mein.

(I'm going nuts.)

He opened his eyes and was going to sit up but something stopped him, and he looked down to see his wife gripping the front of his shirt tightly in her fist. Aayan let out a light curse before slowly unfolding her hand from his shirt and standing up from there. He heaved a sigh of relief when he was out from her proximity and scowled at her sleeping form.

She'd never let me live peacefully. Even in her sleep she's making me throw her off a cliff.

The raven haired guy rolled his eyes and straightened his shirt before staring up at the ceiling and finding no bat there. He knew it would go away itself, only if some idiot trusted his words. Aayan stole one last glance at his sleeping wife and went out of the hut to search for some food.

When he came back after half an hour or so, a very worried Ifrah was pacing in front of the hut, and she stopped after seeing him. Aayan cocked a brow at her seemingly tense posture and came to stand in front of her to see that she was throwing daggers at him through her eyes.

"Where did you go off to?" she asked with her hands resting on her hips and he frowned.

"Um, the river...?" he replied in a rather confused manner, and earned a scoff in return.

"I checked, you weren't there."

"I was near it, but why are we even having this discussion?" he asked.

Ifrah's eyes narrowed. "Because you're stupid, that's why!" she threw her hands up, making Aayan's frown to deepen.

"Excuse me?"

"No, you listen to me clearly, okay? 'Cause I won't repeat myself. Do not leave me alone without telling me where the eff you're going again. I was so sca- " she cut off mid rant and clenched her jaw before huffing out a breath, and her husband raised a brow.