TWENTY FOUR

❝I'm the real life version of the word handsome❞

The sun had set and the stars had enveloped the whole sky

The sun had set and the stars had enveloped the whole sky. Aayan hung up the sign on a tree before going to Ifrah who was standing with her water bottle in hand. She extended it to him and he took with a small smile before twisting the cap and gulping the liquid down.

“You wanna find a place for the night?” he asked after he had drank the water and gave the bottle back to her.

Ifrah's eyebrow creased together as she pondered over the idea before shaking her head. Her husband cocked a brow.

“Let's pull an all-nighter tonight.” she suggested, making him grin.

“You wanna stay awake?” he asked with a double meaning but she didn't catch it and bobbed her head. An uncontrollable chuckle left his lips and Ifrah frowned.

“What?” she prodded.

Aayan rolled his bottom lip in his mouth and slightly shook his head with twinkling eyes. “It's nothing. Let's go.”

She quickly grabbed his hand and narrowed her eyes. “No, why were you laughing? I didn't make a joke.”

He looked at her face and she could clearly see the laughter in his eyes which he was holding back, and it made her more curious. Aayan raised the hand she was holding and pressed a kiss on her knuckles before tugging on it.

“Yeah, you didn't. I just felt like laughing.” he said casually while starting to walk and Ifrah was forced to follow.

“I know there's a reason. Tell me why are you making fun of me?” irritation was emerging in her tone and he clicked his tongue.

“How can I, a mere piece of useless plastic, make fun of you, babe?” he replied teasingly while kicking a random stone in the way. They were walking slowly because it was difficult to see in the dark as their phones were close to dying down.

Ifrah blushed at his reminder of her stupid insult but the curiosity was still there. “Stop dodging the question, it just confirms that you were making fun of me.”

The raven haired guy stopped abruptly with a loud sigh before facing his wife.

Mein ne bta dia na tou tum mujhy maro gi.” (If I'll tell you, you'd hit me.) he said with so much innocence that for a second, Ifrah thought that she was actually talking to a child

Oh please! He's far from it.

Nahi marti.” (I won't.) she tried to coax him in a promising tone but Aayan knew what actually went in that brain of hers.

He'd be a dead man if he tells her. But he did it anyway.

For the sake of that adorable blush.