SIX

❝Tumhara rishtedar lagta hai❞

It was some hours later in the night when Ifrah felt something crawl over her leg

It was some hours later in the night when Ifrah felt something crawl over her leg. She had not been able to fall into a deep slumber due to the uncomfortable berth and her eyes flew open when she sensed something move across her leg.

Her heart stopped for a millisecond as she realized that they were in a jungle, and various kinds of creatures were probably wandering around them in the open. Ifrah sucked in a breath when the thing moved again and she noticed that it was something which possessed a lengthy body.

A snake?!

She slapped her right hand over her mouth to hold in the scream at the thought and tried to stay frozen. She had watched a fare share of TV programs where they show the wild life and she had learned that if you panic, you invite your doom yourself. So she stayed still, and cautiously moved her uninjured hand towards her husband who was sleeping with his back to her.

How can he sleep so peacefully?!

Oh well, he always sleeps like a panda.

The chestnut haired girl shook his shoulder while trying her best to remain frozen and whispered; “Aayan!”

No response.

She tried again and rattled him like a mad woman while whisper shouting; “Gadhay, wake up!”

Aayan groaned at the disturbance and rolled over, making Ifrah's eyes to go wide as saucers when he draped an arm over her frame and his face ended up resting on her shoulder while he returned to dreamland. She gaped at the mud ceiling as his breaths made goosebumps rise all over her skin and was brought out of the shock when the thing crawled again. Ifrah's left hand was stuck between her and Aayan's side, so she slowly moved her uninjured hand and did the only thing she could do.

She grabbed his nose with her forefinger and thumb; cutting his supply of oxygen, and was relived when her husband woke up with a start and inhaled a few deep breaths to make sense of what was happening. His hazy eyes landed on Ifrah's face and he rolled back in horror for it was too close.

“What the actual fück?!

“Shut up!” she slapped a hand over his mouth with a glare and Aayan shook it off before opening his mouth but his wife grabbed his cheek and forced his face to look in the direction of her lower limbs.

“Oh shït,” The words escaped from Aayan's lips when he caught the black snake resting on Ifrah's right leg and his head whipped back to face her. “It's a snake.” he whispered with wide eyes and the girl returned the expression.

“I knew it. Oh my God, Aayan— ” she started frantically but the raven haired guy stopped her by covering her mouth with his hand.

“Sshh! Don't talk.” he whispered before slowly facing the snake again and spoke with his eyes fixed on it. “I'm gonna go out— ”