Chapter V

Hours after escaping the Clone Troopers on Bogden 3, K'Kruhk with the help of Serra Keto and Sha Koon led the Kybuck Clan deep within the Outer Rim. The Younglings were trying to process what had just happened. As they were trying to process this, Sha Koon felt light headed. 

Serra: Sha! Are you okay? 

Sha Koon: My....my uncle. I can no longer sense him through the Force. It's as if....a great darkness engulfed him. He's....he's gone. 

As Sha said this, the Younglings were in a state of shock. They had all heard about Plo Koon's skills as a Jedi Master. 

Byph: <Plo Koon's gone? That....that can't be right! He's a Jedi Master!>

Zatt: This has to be some kind of mistake. 

As everyone was processing this, Katooni's mind immediately fell on Petro. She tried to reach out to him through the Force, but was unable to. 

Katooni: I....I can't sense Petro.....

At this point, fear and uncertainty began to clutch the Jedi on board. But suddenly, Ganodi receives a signal coming from the Jedi Temple. 

Ganodi: It's the Jedi Temple! 

K'Kruhk: Play it. Perhaps this message will shed light on what has happened. 

Ganodi soon plays the message which reveals a holoimage of Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi. In that moment, a sense of hope was felt among the Younglings. 

Obi-Wan(Holorecording): This is Master Obi Wan Kenobi. I regret to report that both our Jedi Order and the Republic, have fallen with a dark shadow of the Empire rising to take their place. This message is a warning and a reminder for any surviving Jedi. Trust in The Force. Do not return to the Temple...that time has past. And our future is uncertain. We will each be challenged. Our trust. Our faith. Our friendships. But we must persevere. And in time, a new hope will emerge. May the Force be with you, always.

As the message ended, that sense of hope turned to fear and uncertainty. Even K'Kruhk as well as Serra and Sha Koon felt this fear.

K'Kruhk: So this ambush was not an isolated incident. This was happening all across the Galaxy.

Katooni: But why?! Why would the Clones do this?!

K'Kruhk: I do not know. But what I know for certain is that the Jedi Order as we know it, is no more.

As the Whiphid Jedi Master said this, the Younglings were in disbelief.

Gungi: <I can't believe it. Is the Jedi Order really gone?>

Zatt: This can't be real.....

Katooni then thought not only of Petro, but of his master. She concerns for them grew after hearing Obi-Wan's message.

Katooni: What about Petro and Master Hett? They were traveling with an entire garrison to an Outer Rim siege!

K'Kruhk: There is nothing we can do.

Upon hearing this, Katooni fired back. She didn't want to leave her dearest friends at the mercy of the Clones. Seeing the message from Obi-Wan showed that the Clones under the guise of the Sith were orchestrating a purge of the Jedi. 

Katooni: We can't just leave them! They need our help!

K'Kruhk: I understand your feelings, but we must trust in the will of the Force. You heard what Master Kenobi said, the Clones are systematically wiping out the Jedi. We may be the last of the Jedi Order. 

Katooni: But.....

K'Kruhk then placed his hands on the shoulders of his Padawan. He could feel her emotions beginning to overwhelm her. He sought to comfort her.

K'Kruhk: I know Master Hett more than anyone. If anyone is capable of surviving this ambush, it's him. He and Petro will overcome this great trial. We must trust in the Force. 

At that moment, Katooni believed her master's words. As much as she wanted to help Petro as well as Master Hett, there was nothing she could do. 

K'Kruhk: Do not lose faith. I have no doubt that our paths will cross once more. 

K'Kruhk's smile seemed to put Katooni at ease as she regrouped with her fellow Younglings near the cockpit. What they had just experienced was unlike anything they've ever experienced. 

Ganodi: So what now?

Katooni: Like Master Kenobi said, we must persevere. We must put our faith in the Force. 

Byph: <But how?! The Jedi are gone! We may be the only ones left!>

Katooni: I know it looks bad now, but we can't let it keep us down! We have to trust in the Force! 

At that point, the Younglings were moved by Katooni's words. As Katooni was raising the spirits of the others, K'Kruhk watched with a smile on his face. 

K'Kruhk: Serra Keto. Sha Koon.

Serra: What is it, Master' K'Kruhk?

K'Kruhk: We may be among the last of the Jedi. These Younglings are the future of the Jedi. We must guide them. We mustn't let this darkness take hold of them. We must protect them with our lives.

Sha Koon: We will do everything to the best of our abilities. 

K'Kruhk: These are dark times for the Jedi. They need our guidance more than ever. May the Force guide us all in these trying times. 

In that moment, K'Kruhk as well as Serra and Sha Koon vowed to guide the Younglings of the Kybuck Clan to safety in these dark times. The Jedi Order was now gone. Now their fates were left to the will of the Force. They would seek refuge deep within the Outer Rim to hide from the now emerging Empire. Katooni's mind would constantly be on Petro, but she had faith in her dearest friend. These were truly dark times for the Jedi, but they all had faith in the Force.