Chapter XIX

As the Bad Batch began moving through the facility, K'Kruhk and the rest of the Jedi continued to wait in their holding room for whatever was supposed to happen. Suddenly, the lights began to flicker followed by the sound of the skyhook's alarm.

Ganodi: What's going on?!

Zatt: Looks like whoever's here isn't friendly with Black Sun.

Gungi: <What are we going to do?!>

K'Kruhk: Calm yourselves, Initiates. We must remain calm. Something tells me that this is our best time to escape. Focus. We are Jedi.

K'Kruhk's words seemed to calm the Jedi of the Kybuck Clan including his Padawan Katooni.

Serra: We'll need to reclaim our Lightsabers. We can't afford for them to fall into the hands of the Empire.

Sha Koon: We must be cautious of this. We are deep in Black Sun Territory. We cannot afford to be reckless.

Suddenly, a firefight was heard outside the room. The Jedi prepared themselves for whatever could happen. After the firefight, only silence was heard. The silence was then broken by footsteps. When the door opened, they saw the Bad Batch.

Byph: <Clones! They're here to kill us!>

K'Kruhk: Protect the Younglings!

As K'Kruhk lunged at the Bad Batch, Serra and Sha Koon stayed behind with the Younglings. During the scuffle, K'Kruhk held his own against the Clone Commandos. During the fight, Hunter tried to reason with K'Kruhk.

Hunter: You have the wrong idea!

K'Kruhk: I will not allow you to harm them!

At this point, the Bad Batch and K'Kruhk were in a stalemate. As K'Kruhk brawled with the Bad Batch, Katooni felt something wrong. She felt no ill intent from the Bad Batch. At that point, she broke off from the group and rushed towards her master. Omega did the same thing.

Zatt: Katooni! What are you doing?!

Katooni then ran in between K'Kruhk and the Bad Batch. This stopped the brawl between the two.

K'Kruhk: What are you doing?!

Katooni: They don't mean any harm, master!

Omega: We're not with the Empire!

Hunter: The kid's right. We're not here to kill you.

Despite K'Kruhk's clear distrust, K'Kruhk trusted Katooni's judgement. For now, he calmed himself down.

K'Kruhk: Why are you here?

Hunter: Xizor made some dangerous enemies. One of those enemies hired us to take him out.

Katooni: You mean you're not with the Empire?

Hunter: Not since Order 66. We saw the writing on the wall. We knew if we stuck around, it was only a matter of time before they saw us as too dangerous.

Katooni: Did you hunt Jedi?

Hunter: No. 

At that point, Serra and Sha Koon along with the rest of the Kybuck Clan joined K'Kruhk and Katooni. The rest were still cautious about the Clones.

Echo: You're all Jedi, are you?

The Jedi remained silent. That silence was all that they needed for an answer.

Hunter: Like I said, you don't have to worry about us. We got nothing against you. We're here for Xizor.

Tech: Though I'm curious as to why a group of Jedi are in a skyhook controlled by Black Sun.

K'Kruhk: It was not by choice. We went looking for sanctuary in Pantora when we were taken prisoner by Black Sun.

Hunter: You should probably steer clear of Pantora. That planet is under the control of the Empire.

Upon hearing that, the Kybuck Clan was disheartened. It seemed like as if there was no where for them to go.

Hunter: If you want somewhere to hide, I suggest you get to Wild Space. There's not a lot of planets that the Empire has interest in.

Wrecker: Are we done already?! Let's get to cracking some skulls!

Serra: We won't be going anywhere while the skyhook's tractor beam is active.

K'Kruhk: My Padawan and I will accompany the Clones to their mission. Serra, you and Sha take the Younglings to the Moldy Crow. Protect them with your lives.

Echo: The path of the hanger should be clear. We'll keep the guards occupied.

Zatt: Katooni, be careful.

Katooni: I will. May the Force be with you all.

With that, Serra and Sha Koon guided the Kybuck Clan back to the hanger bay where the Moldy Crow was while K'Kruhk and Katooni stayed behind with the Bad Batch. 

K'Kruhk: What is our approach, Hunter?

Hunter: The controls to the tractor beam are in Xizor's office. If you can destroy that, then your ship should be free to go. 

Katooni: That's where we can find our Lightsabers. When I was summoned to Xizor's office, he had our Lightsabers in a box in his desk. 

Hunter: That's about a good of a place to start as any. I should warn you, that office is probably gonna swarming with Black Sun thugs. 

K'Kruhk: We have face such odds before. We will not let us stop us from reaching our goals.

Hunter smirked at K'Kruhk's words. He remembered a similar mindset during a mission with Anakin Skywalker. 

Hunter: Since you two are tagging along, I'll fill you in on the plan. Wrecker here is gonna keep the guard occupied while the rest of infiltrate Xizor's office. I doubt he'll go out quietly so expect a heavy fight once we're inside.

K'Kruhk then turned to his Padawan. 

K'Kruhk: Stay by my side, Katooni. 

Katooni: I will, Master K'Kruhk. 

K'Kruhk: Lead the way, Hunter. 

Hunter: All right boys, let's get to work.

With that, K'Kruhk and Katooni joined the Bad Batch in their mission to take out Xizor. What they didn't know was that Xizor was preparing for their impending arrival.