Chapter IX

As night fell on the camp, the Younglings of the Kybuck Clan were meditating under K'Kruhk's instructions while Serra and Sha Koon were on watch. As the two Jedi Knights kept watch, Sha felt something wrong.

Serra: What's wrong, Sha?

Sha Koon: Something's....something's not right. I sense a disturbance in the Force.

Suddenly, the two Jedi Knights found themselves surrounded by a group of Weequay Pirates. Before they could attack, the leader pulled a blaster on them. 

Weequay Pirate: Don't do anything stupid, now. Otherwise we'll have to kill everyone here. 

Left with no choice, Serra and Sha were forced to comply with the pirates as they searched the camp. Soon enough, they gathered most of the Jedi Younglings with the exception of Katooni who was with K'Kruhk. 

Weequay Pirate: Is that all?

Serra: Yes. Don't hurt them. 

Weequay Pirate: I hadn't thought about doing anything as long you lot keep quiet and stay out of our way! Callow! Have someone search that wreck!

Callow: Moolie's already on it!

As the pirates began searching the camp, K'Kruhk and Katooni watched from a tree top. 

Katooni: We have to help them, Master K'Kruhk!

K'Kruhk observed the situation and began devising up a plan. He wanted to defuse the situation as peacefully as he can. 

K'Kruhk: Stay here, Padawan. 

Katooni: But master.....

K'Kruhk: If anything happens, you will help your fellow Jedi. 

Despite wanting to stay by her master, she obeyed his instructions and stayed behind while K'Kruhk revealed himself. 

Weequay Pirate: Who are you?!

K'Kruhk: We do not wish you any harm. We have nothing of value.

The pirates pointed their blasters at the Whiphid Jedi Master. He kept his calm composure while trying to peacefully defuse the situation. 

K'Kruhk: There is no need for violence. 

Suddenly, Moolie discovered Jedi recordings. He also pointed out the Lightsabers the Younglings had. 

Weequay Pirate: Jedi, huh? The Empire's got a bounty on you Jedi. And by the looks of it here, I'd say I hit the motherload!

K'Kruhk: Leave. Now. 

Weequay Pirate: I'm afraid you're in no position to negotiate. 

At this point, the peaceful solution was not an option. K'Kruhk pulled out his Lightsaber and began attacking the Pirates. As this happened, Katooni moved to free her fellow Jedi from captive. 

Zatt: Katooni! Boy are we glad to see you!

Gungi: <Yeah! I thought those pirates might've gotten to you!>

Soon enough, the Jedi Younglings as well as Serra and Sha retrieved their Lightsabers and began fighting the pirates alongside K'Kruhk. During the attack, one of the pirates took a shot at Katooni and shot her in the shoulder. 

Ganodi: KATOONI!

As the Younglings rushed to help Katooni, K'Kruhk flew into a frenzied rage and began to cut down the pirates. Just as he did during Order 66, K'Kruhk let the beast from within out as took out the pirates who threatened his fellow Jedi. Serra and Sha then tended to the Younglings as they watched the brutal display. They grew scared as they saw their guardian turn into a beast. 

Byph: <Is that....really Master K'Kruhk?>

When the battle was over, Katooni ran to her master and helped him calm down. K'Kruhk looked at all the dead pirates with shame in his eyes. He then turned to his Padawan and used the Force to heal her wounds. 

K'Kruhk: Are you all right, Padawan?

Katooni: Y...yes, Master K'Kruhk. 

K'Kruhk: What I did....was unacceptable. What I did was unbecoming of a Jedi. I gave in to my anger and.....

Katooni: Master. You have nothing to apologize for. You....you did what you had to. 

Suddenly, rustling was heard nearby. K'Kruhk and Katooni as well as the rest of the Jedi readied their Lightsabers for what they thought to be a second wave of pirates. However, instead of a second wave of Weequay Pirates, they saw only the notorious Weequay pirate Hondo Ohnaka armed with a blaster pistol and a vibroblade. The Younglings immediately recognize the pirate. 

Katooni: Hondo?!

Upon seeing Katooni as well as the rest of the Kybuck Clan, Hondo lets out a hearty laugh. 

Hondo: My friends, my friends! Hahaha! It appears my luck has taken a fortuitous turn!

Katooni: What are you doing here?! 

Hondo: You see, my crew and I had a.....disagreement. One minute we were making great profit and the next thing you know, my men stage a mutiny against me! It's quite tragic really!

At this point, K'Kruhk as well as Serra and Sha were wary of Hondo because of his reputation as a pirate. Hondo looked around and saw all the dead pirates. 

Hondo: It seems these scoundrels have picked the wrong people to rob! I always told them to never rob a Jedi! Not only that, but they rob from my good Jedi friends! How distasteful! How unforgivable!

K'Kruhk: What do you want, Ohnaka? If you wish to mean us harm.....

Hondo: Oh you wound me, my Jedi friend! I am here strictly in friendship! Though since you don't need my help, I think I'll be on my way.

Katooni: Hondo, wait! Can you help us?

Hondo as well as the other Jedi were caught off guard by Katooni's question. 

Hondo: Help? Why would you need my help? 

Katooni: It's clear that this planet is no longer safe. If pirates found this place, then there's a chance the Empire might be able to find this place too. 

Hondo: What you ask has some....dangerous risks to it and no profit. 

Katooni: What about the debt? The debt on Florrum?

Hondo smiled as he was reminded him of the incident involving Katooni and the Kybuck Clan helping his pirates fend off General Grievous's assault. 

Hondo: Ah! That debt! In that case, I will honor that debt in exchange for some...assistance! Follow me!

With that, Hondo led the Jedi through the forests of the jungle away from their now discovered camp to pay off an old debt.