Chapter XVI

After killing the Lothal Czerka Board of Directors and departed from Lothal, Hett and Petro made their way to the Outer Rim world of Malachor V. As the starship reached Malachor V:s orbit, both could feel the power of the Dark Side seeping through the planet.

Petro: What is this place?

Hett: Malachor V. This was the site of the final battle in the Mandalorian Wars. A great battle was fought between the Republic forces led by Revan and the weakened Mandalorians. It was here that he unleashed a great and terrible weapon that destroyed all in it's path. Because of such destruction, Malachor V itself became a Wound in the Force.

Petro took a moment to reflect on his master's answer. He was never taught about Malachor V nor the darkness within it.

Hett: Beneath this ruined planet lies an ancient academy that has the power we seek. Beneath Malachor V lies the Trayus Academy.

Petro: The Trayus Academy?

Hett: It is ancient, a relic that survived the destruction of Malachor. It was always here, far before the Mandalorian Wars. It draws death and hate to it, channels it. Atrocities feed its power, and with its power, it creates hunger. Many Jedi have been consumed by it. We shall acquire the knowledge that lies within the Trayus Academy.

With that, Hett and Petro landed on the surface of Malachor V. They found a planet steeped in darkness and felt all the destruction this planet endured. Hett and Petro began walking the harsh and barren landscape of the planet. They soon found the underground passages that led to the entrance of the Trayus Academy. As they stand before the Trayus Academy, Petro felt the Dark Side call out to him. 

Petro: Master....

Hett: I know, Petro. It calls out to me as well. The Trayus Academy has been here for thousands of years. It is a place where Sith teachings run strong. It is the threshold of the borders of an ancient and forgotten empire. It was a place of reflection for the ancient Sith who once ruled this world. Now it is nothing more than a dark shadow that seeks to grow. Once we do this, there is no going back. 

Petro thought about Hett's words. He thought about the killings he committed. Ever since Order 66, Petro's life has been on a downward spiral. Everything he cared for was now gone. His thoughts soon fell on Katooni and wondered if she was even alive. In his mind, Petro had already crossed the point of no return. 

Petro: I am ready, Master. 

With that, Hett and Petro entered the long forgotten Trayus Academy. They immediately felt the presence of the Dark Side as it called out to them. As they reached the Trayus Core, they were soon surrounded by a group of Sith Warriors. As the Sith ignited their red Lightsabers, Hett and Petro remained calm. They were then approached by a Nagai man wielding a Long handled Lightsaber. 

Nagai Sith: I am Darth Nihi. You trespass on sacred ground. 

Hett: I am A'Sharad Hett and this is my Padawan Petro. We have come here seeking knowledge of the Dark Side. 

Darth Nihl showed no sign of concerned as he observed the two fallen Jedi. He felt the Dark Side flowing within them. 

Darth Nihl: The Dark Side is strong within you two. I sense pain, hatred, suffering. 

Petro: You're all Sith?

Darth Nihl: We are not your Sith, boy. We are something new, a chance to do something right. A new tribe. 

Hett approached Darth Nihl, causing the other Sith to ready their Lightsabers. 

Hett: As I said before, we have come here in search for knowledge of the Dark Side. Knowledge that will allow us to seek out vengeance for those who have laid us so low. 

As Hett said this, Darth Nihl lets out a quiet chuckle. 

Darth Nihl: The Dark Side is not for the weak, and I sense weakness in both you and your....Padawan. You hold the innate weaknesses of the Jedi. I have killed many Jedi. Some were weak. Some were strong. Many have come to the Trayus Academy in search for knowledge and power. All have proven too weak to follow through. 

At this point, Darth Nihl challenged Hett to a duel. Hett gestured Petro to stay out of it. Without saying a word, Hett ignited his two green Lightsabers and began dueling. Petro and the Sith watched as Hett and Darth Nihl dueled one another. Hett and Darth Nihl were both the aggressors in this fight. Soon enough, Hett promptly disarmed Darth Nihl and knocked him to the ground. Hett spares Darth Nihl.

Darth Nihl: You possess great dueling prowess, but it will take more than that to become strong in the Dark Side. Deep within the catacombs of the Trayus Academy lie two Sith Lords who have fallen to madness. Darth Wroth and Darth Anarcis are powerful in the Dark Side. All who have sought them out have never returned. Kill them and you may prove yourself worthy of the Dark Side. 

Hett: Then we shall return shortly. Come, Petro. We have Sith to kill.

Petro: Yes, Master Hett.

In that moment, Hett and Petro left the Trayus Core to hunt down Darth Wroth and Darth Anarcis within the catacombs of the Trayus Academy to prove themselves worthy of the powers that lay within the Trayus Academy.