Chapter X

After the duel on Tatooine, A'Sharad Hett and Petro followed Obi-Wan's wishes and left Tatooine. They boarded a transport vessel which took them and a group of workers and refuges to the Outer Rim world of Lothal. Once the ship landed, both Hett and Petro made their way to the outskirts of Lothal as the Empire had no bases in the outskirts. As Hett and Petro explored the highlands of Lothal, Petro noticed his master's silence.

Petro: Master Hett?

Hett remained silent as recent events weighed heavily on his mind. The wounds he sustained both physically and mentally was made apparent to his Padawan. Eventually, they came across a settlement deep in the highlands. They stopped at the first house they saw which belonged to an old man.

Old Man: Hello there strangers! Can I help you with anything?

Petro: My.....my teacher and I are looking for a place to stay. We have nowhere else to go. 

The old man got up from his chair and approached Hett and Petro. The first thing he noticed was Hett's missing right arm. 

Old Man: Might I ask what happened to your arm? 

Hett: I lost it in an industrial accident. 

Old Man: I suspected as much. Ever since the Empire came to Lothal, Czerka Corporation has gone too far with it's treatment of workers. 

At that point, it became clear to both Hett and Petro that Czerka Corporation had considerable influence on Lothal. 

Old Man: But where are my manners! My name is Jak Dalon! 

Hett: I am A'Sharad. This is my student Petro. 

Jak: A pleasure to meet you both. Come! Let me help you with that arm. 

Jak then leads Hett and Petro inside his house. They are immediately greeted by a little girl who hugs Jak. 

Jak: Gentlemen, this is my granddaughter Rylee. Her parents died when she was very young. I've been taking care of her since then. 

Rylee warmly hugs her grandfather. For the first time since Order 66, both Hett and Petro found a source of light in the darkness. When they reached his office, Jak begins working on a cybernetic arm for Hett. When the operation was finished, Hett tested out his new arm and found it to be working in fairly good condition. 

Hett: Thank you. 

Jak: It wasn't my finest work, but I'm glad to have been of assistance. If I may be so bold, you two don't look like you're from around here.

Hett: You are correct. We are...refuges from the Clone Wars. Our homes were ravaged by the conflict. 

Rylee: Were you soldiers like Mommy and Daddy? 

Upon hearing the little girl's question, Hett and Petro were hesitant to give them details about their roles as Jedi. 

Petro: Something like that. We were heading to Tatoonie, but we were forced to leave.

Jak: I'm sorry to hear that, my friends. In truth, the Galaxy has been taken to a much darker place since the end of the Clone Wars. The Galaxy is not what it once was. 

Hett and Petro were fully aware of that fact. The execution of Order 66 and the subsequent destruction of the Jedi was evidence to that. Not only that, but the inner turmoil of both Hett and Petro with the growing darkness that had taken hold of the Galaxy had clouded their minds. 

Hett: There is much truth in your words, old Jak. 

Jak: But even with what's going on now, I have faith that all will be set right. After all, no darkness no matter how vast will last forever. 

Hett had his own reservations about the old man's words while Petro desperately clung onto the words. In his mind, Petro wanted to believe that despite the great darkness that had taken hold of the Galaxy, there would be a spark of light that would set the Galaxy right. 

Hett: Then let us all hope there is merit to your words. 

Jak smiled as he took the two renegade Jedi into his home. He then showed them to their rooms which were less than ideal.

Jak: This home has seen better days. 

Hett and Petro looked upon the rundown rooms and thought about the wretched conditions that the Tusken Raiders lived in back on Tatooine. 

Hett: This will suffice. We thank you for your kindness. 

Jak: It's nothing, my friend. I am simply doing what is right. I gladly welcome you both into my home.

Petro took note of the man's altruistic nature. Despite not being a Jedi, Jak displayed all the best attributes of a Jedi. Petro smiled at the fact that there were still decent people in the Galaxy. 

Petro: We will gladly accept your hospitality. We are forever indebted to you. 

Jak: Do not worry. There is no debt amongst friends. 

In that moment, A'Sharad Hett and his Padawan Petro were taken in by Jak Dalon in his home at the outskirts of Lothal. There, the two Jedi would find a home with old Jak and his granddaughter and hide from their past. In that moment, it would seem that Petro would follow Obi-Wan's wishes to guide his master back to the light after Hett's brief flirtation with the Dark Side during their brief tenure as warlords of Hett's Tusken Raider tribe. But what the Jedi didn't know was that a great tragedy would soon occur that would forever set both Hett and Petro on a dark path.