Chapter XI

After the encounter with the Weequay Pirates, Hondo led the Jedi through the thick forest. K'Kruhk as well as Serra and Sha Koon were hesitant to trust the pirate while the Jedi Younglings remembered how he helped them out of a mutual agreement. 

Katooni: You said you and your men had some kind of disagreement. What happened?

Hondo: After the Galaxy turned upside down, I thought now was the time to expand my business! Unfortunately for me, someone had the same idea. 

K'Kruhk: Who?

Hondo: A Falleen Prince by the name of Xizor has taken control of the Black Sun Criminal Syndicate. And the worst part is that Black Sun actually went along with it! 

Sha Koon: I've heard of this Xizor once before. 

Byph: <But I thought Black Sun was based on Coruscant.>

Upon hearing that, Hondo lets out a hearty chuckle. 

Hondo: A common misconception, my Jedi friend! Black Sun has interests all across the Galaxy from the Core all the out in the Outer Rim! As for how I factor into all this, I got an offer from Xizor to join Black Sun. I....politely declined. He didn't take too kindly to that and had the gall to turn my own crew against me! How despicable! 

The Jedi became concerned about the possible encounter with Xizor and the Black Sun. They had no idea of his motivations and where he stands on the Empire. 

Serra: This Xizor could be dangerous. Let's hope we don't have to deal with him. 

Soon enough, Hondo led the Jedi to the pirate camp where various ships were stationed. The camp was empty. 

Hondo: And here we are! Freedom, sweet freedom! Oh how I have missed you!

As the Jedi began exploring the camp, Zatt's attention fell on a light freighter. It was brown with red stripes.

Zatt: What's that?

Hondo: That would be the Moldy Crow! A modified HWK-290 light freighter! A recent acquisition after a game of Pazaak! 

Ganodi: What kind of modifications?

Hondo: I took the liberty of installing four dual laser cannons as well as a blaster cannon turret. I also made for for two more seats as to the usual accommodation of six. 

Upon hearing this, Katooni as well as the rest of the Jedi Younglings thought the ship was perfect. As Hondo looked at the group, he noticed that the group of Younglings were smaller.

Hondo: Wasn't there another one of you little Jedi? What happened to him?

Upon hearing that question, the Kybuck Clan were saddened as they were reminded about Petro. Katooni herself was deeply saddened. Hondo was able to put it together. 

Katooni: We....we don't know what happened with Petro. The last we heard was that he was fighting in the Outer Rim alongside his master. We haven't heard from him since the Clones turned on us. 

Hondo: I.....I am sorry to hear. You have my condolences. 

Katooni: Thank you, Hondo. 

Gungi: <What do we do now?>

Ganodi: We can't exactly stay here. If the pirates were able to find this place, then the Empire probably could find this place too!

K'Kruhk: Agreed, young one. We cannot remain on this planet. It is no longer safe for us. We must depart. 

At this point, the Kybuck Clan took a moment to collect their thoughts. Hondo smirked at the way the Jedi Younglings were able to rally back despite all that has happened. 

Hondo: Then take the Moldy Crow! Though it pains me dearly to depart with such a elegant and beautiful ship, this ship will be my gift to you. 

Serra: How generous. 

Hondo: You forget that I was a friend of the Jedi....for the most part. That and I am no friend of the Empire that seeks to destroy you! 

While the Jedi Masters were still hesitant to trust Hondo, Katooni trusted Hondo's word even if he was a pirate. 

Katooni: Thank you, Hondo. 

Hondo: Now then, I must work on fixing one of these ships so that I may continue my escapades! 

Zatt: I could help fix up one of those ships. 

Hondo: Your altruistic offer is appreciated, but unnecessary! You have must bigger things to worry about than helping an old pirate like myself! 

K'Kruhk: Then we will depart. Ganodi, let's see if we can get this ship flying. 

Ganodi: Got it. 

Katooni: I'll catch up in a second. 

As the Jedi boarded the Moldy Crow, Katooni remained to speak her last goodbyes to Hondo. 

Kantooni: Thank you, Hondo.

Hondo smiled as he pats Katooni on the head. 

Hondo: It was nice to see you again, my young Jedi friend. Though I wish it were under different circumstances, but fate hardly grants us that luxury. 

Katooni: I understand. 

Katooni then hugs the pirate as a token of gratitude for helping her in this brief encounter. Hondo hugged her back as he hands her a gold coin. 

Hondo: I know Jedi have no use for gold, but this gold coin will bring you good fortune. 

Katooni: Thank you, Hondo. Goodbye. 

Katooni then boarded the Moldy Crow. As soon as she does, the Moldy Crow takes off and begins hovering above Hondo. Hondo watched with a smile on his face and nods to the Moldy Crow as the ship left the planet. 

Hondo: Good luck, my young Jedi friend.

Hondo then works on one of the pirate ships and would leave the planet himself so that he may continue his own escapades. As for the Jedi, they would begin exploring the Galaxy in search for a system that would offer them sanctuary.