Chapter VI

After escaping from the Clones on Boz Pity, A'Sharad Hett and Petro made their way to Tatooine where they landed the transport ship near the outskirts of the Jundland Wastes. As they left the transport ship, Petro became concerned. 

Petro: Will we be safe here, Master Hett? What if the Clones track us here, master?

Hett: They won't. Neither the Republic nor the Separatists have a foothold in this place. Tatooine is controlled by the Hutts. But it not the Hutts that we will go to. Our salvation lies within the Tusken Raiders. 

Petro: Tusken Raiders? Will they even help us?

Hett: My father once led a tribe of Tusken Raiders. I was raised among them and learned their ways. I know them more than any other Jedi. They will help us. 

After that, Hett puts on his Tusken mask and begins escorting Petro to the Tusken village. On the way there, they passed a fallen Tusken Raider. 

Hett: Padawan. Take the mask. You must blend in with the Tusken Raiders. They have an immense hatred of outsiders.

Without hesitation, Petro took the dead Tusken's mask and puts it on. Soon enough, Hett and Petro made it to the Tusken camp. Acting on instinct, the Tuskens became hostile and raised their Gaderffii at the two Jedi. Petro was about to reach for his Lightsaber, but Hett stopped him. 

Hett: Do not raise your Lightsaber. You will only antagonize them. Let me speak with them. I know their language.

Hett looked around the camp and saw the Chieftan. Hett calmly approached him while the other Tuskens kept their weapons ready. Once he was close to the Chieftan, he began speaking the language of the Tuskens. 

Hett: <I am A'Sharad Hett, son of the great Tusken warlord Sharad Hett!>

Petro couldn't understand what his master was saying, but the Tuskens lowered their weapons upon hearing this. It became clear to Petro that his master commanded great respect among the Tusken Raiders.

Hett: <I have come here in search of sanctuary! I have come here to take on my father's role as warlord of our tribe! A great evil is upon us! An evil that threatens to engulf our people! Only together can we defeat this evil!>

Petro was stunned upon not only seeing the Tuskens lower their weapons, but they cheered for his master. Petro was then allowed to approach both his master and the chieftain. Soon enough, the chieftain silenced the other Tuskens and began speaking. Petro couldn't understand a word of what the chieftain was saying.

Petro: What's he saying master?

Hett: He says the settlers here have been intruding on their lands as well as slaughter many Tuskens in their path. This violence is no doubt being orchestrated by Jabba the Hutt in an attempt to acquire more land and profit. 

The Tusken chieftain then spoke again. The anger and resentment in the chieftain's voice was clear even to Petro who couldn't a word that was being spoken. Petro could feel the chieftain's anger as he spoke.  

Petro: I can....I can hear the anger in his voice. What's he saying?

Hett: The chieftain's son was killed during a raid by settlers. The body was then desecrated, leaving his spirit to forever wander the deserts of Tatooine and never be allowed to rest. This fate fell to many Tusken warriors as well as the women and the children. He....he also says that many of their sacred sites have been pillaged and desecrated. Their homes have been burned and their people have been slaughtered. 

Petro was shocked at this cruel act. In his mind, there was no act that could justify this act of cruelty. While he was unaware of Tusken customs, Petro couldn't help but feel the pain of the chieftain. As for Hett, he remembered the day his father fell at the hands of Aurra Sing. That day was a pivotal moment in his life. For that day was also when he was taken in by the Jedi Order to continue the training his father started. 

Hett: This tribe has suffered greatly since my father's death. Under my father, they were a powerful force. To see them like this pains me greatly. 

Petro looked around the camp. Even for a nomadic tribe, the camp was a wretched excuse of a camp. The way the Tuskens were living was no way to live. 

Petro: I....I can feel the suffering here. This camp is no place live. 

Hett: That changes, Padawan. We will restore this tribe to it's former glory. This is where our war begins. We will unite the Tusken tribes and wage war against our enemies and bring justice to those who have laid us so low. 

Despite his own reservations, Petro couldn't stand aside and allow this suffering to continue. To Petro, no living creature deserved the kind of suffering that the Tusken Raiders have suffered.

Petro: I'm with you, Master Hett. 

Hett smiled from beneath his mask as he placed his hand on his Padawan's shoulders. After that, he rallied the Tuskens in the camp. 

Hett: <This great injustice must be answered! For too long, the blood of our brothers and sisters have been spilled onto the sand! No longer! We will avenge our brothers and sisters! We will bring peace to the vengeful spirits of our fallen with the blood of our enemies! We will drive the great evil that is upon us! We will destroy all who stand in our way!>

The Tuskens in the camp cheered for the Jedi Master in a thunderous roar. 

Hett: <You all fought and bled for my father Sharad Hett. Now I ask you to stand with me against the great evil that threatens to forever shut our eyes and engulf us in servitude and death! Let us purge this evil from the Galaxy!>

As Hett finished his speech, the Tuskens cheered for him. He had rallied the Tusken Raiders and reclaimed his father's mantle as warlord. In that moment, A'Sharad Hett had begun his motion to unite the Tusken Raiders and groom them for war against the Sith. Petro would stand beside his master in this endeavor no matter what. For better or worse, the two Jedi would prepare to wage war against the Sith in hopes of avenging the massacre of the Jedi Order as well as restore peace to the Galaxy whatever the cost may be.