Chapter XIV

After the murder of Jak and Rylee, Hett and Petro made their way to the Lothal headquarters of Czerka Corporation. As the two guards spotted them, Hett strangled them with the Force without hesitation.

Hett: Let us move.

Petro nods to his master as they both make their way inside the Czerka Headquarter. Meanwhile, a meeting was underway for the Czerka Board of Directors which consisted of 13 members. Leading the meeting was Lokan Norvoss. Also inside the room were several Czerka Guards.

Lokan: Then it is decided. We shall expand our interests into the outskirts of Lothal as to maximize profits. All in favor say aye.

Czerka Board of Directors: Aye!

Lokan: All opposed? 

The room fell silent. 

Lokan: The motion is carried. 

Suddenly, Lokan and the Board of Directors heard the sound of a struggle outside. Confusion and concern fell on the Board of Directors. After a moment of silence, Hett and Petro calmly entered the room. 

Lokan: Who are you?! What is the meaning of this?!

Without saying a word, Hett and Petro used the Force to seal the doors. Hett ignited his two green Lightsabers while Petro ignited his blue Lightsaber. Petro began cutting through the Czerka Board of Directors while Hett slaughtered the guards. Petro moved through the Board as they begged for mercy. 

Female Czerka Official: Stop! No! No!

Petro cut her down without mercy. He unleashed his anger and hatred on the Czerka Board of Directors. Some tried to break down the door, but were unsuccessfully. During the slaughter, Petro's green eyes changed to yellow as Petro immersed himself in the Dark Side. The same transformation occurred to Hett. When Hett finished the guards, he joined his Padawan in slaughtering the Czerka Board of Directors. They showed no mercy or compassion as they cut through them. Eventually, Lokan was all that was left. The old man fell on his knees and began to cry. 

Lokan: Please, I'll give you anything. Anything you want! Anything! I have friends! Powerful friends! Friends that can make things happen! Just please, let me live!

Petro and Hett remained silent as they stood over the scared Lokan. Lokan desperately pleaded for his life. 

Lokan: Why are you doing this?!

Petro: Jak Dalon. You ordered the murder of Jak Dalon and his granddaughter Rylee. 

Upon hearing this, Lokan's heart stopped as Lokan had personally ordered the killing of Jak.

Hett: For too long, your kind has been leeching off the blood and tears of these people. You do not deserve to live. 

Lokan: Don't do this! Please! You're....you're Jedi! You can't....

Petro: Can't I?

Lokan: I am unarmed! Please!

Petro looked upon the cowering Lokan with hatred in his eyes. He tightly gripped his Lightsaber as he stared down Lokan. A smile soon fell on his face. 

Petro: How many people died by the stroke or your pen? A dozen? Hundreds? Thousands? How many people had to die for your profits? Now it's time to reap what you sow!

With one swift motion, Petro decapitated Lokan with his Lightsaber. He watched with a small smirk on his face as Lokan's decapitated head tumbled onto the floor. Hett and Petro looked upon the results of their slaughter. They looked upon the slaughter with little emotion. 

Petro: It's over....

Hett: No....this is only the beginning. This is what must be done if we are to avenge our fallen brothers and sisters. The Light alone cannot stop the Sith. If we are to destroy the Sith, we must use the Dark Side of the Force. We must embrace the darkness so that we may avenge the light. 

The words that his master spoke put Petro in a crossroads. Petro was taught that a Jedi should always stay in the path of the light and never fall for the temptations of the Dark Side. Despite this, recent events have altered Petro's worldview. He had witnessed so much pain and misery that it seemed that there was no light left in the Galaxy. 

Petro: Yes.....my master. 

Hett: We must leave Lothal. Our time here has ended. We must seek out knowledge of the Dark Side so that we become strong enough to destroy the Sith. 

Petro: I agree. But where will we go? Where in the Galaxy can we go that will grant us the power needed to destroy the Sith?

As Petro asked his master that question, Hett took a moment to come up with an answer.

Hett: Malachor V. There exists an ancient and forgotten Sith Academy. Within the ruins of this academy lay centuries of knowledge left behind by the ancient Sith. We will use that knowledge to destroy the Sith. And from the ashes of the Sith, there will be peace. The Galaxy writhes in chaos and disorder. It requires  men of vision. We shall be those men of vision.

Petro: Yes, my master. I am ready.

In that moment, A'Sharad Hett and Petro had fully submitted to the Dark Side. They had taken the final steps to the immersing themselves in the Dark Side with the slaughter of the Czerka Board of Directors. Forever would their destinies be altered. Hett and Petro stole one of the Czerka starships and departed from Lothal. Hett then set the coordinates for Malachor V and jumped into Hyperspace. Once they reached Malachor V, they would seek out the Sith Teachings from the Sith Academy so that they may find they power needed to destroying the Sith and avenging the Jedi Order.