10~ Getting to know each other

A/N: i really enjoyed writing this chapter, i hope u like it too. But you know what would be more fun? If you also answer some of the questions down below. Come on don't be shy I'll be waiting!!🥰❤
-----------------------
Two days has passed since my return, i didn't have time to talk much to brian, we barely spoke at night for fifteen minutes or so to check up on each other. I was kind of busy with hayley, trying to investigate avout her new boyfriend. She refused to tell me anything about him. It drove me mad specially cause i immediately opened up about brian and she didn't return the gesture.

"I'm not done with you bitch, but i need to go home. I'm babysitting sammy this afternoon" i warned her before storming out. I pratically ran to the end of the street where i was met with an angry amber stading at the driveway her arms crossed over her chest.

"You're late where were you?" She scowled tapping her foot on the ground. I shifted from one to another debating if i should say what's in my mind. Amber was very nice but if she gets angry, she'll tear your head and limbs apart with no mercy. I get why ian turns pale every time she screamed.

"You'll be more late if you don't leave now" i said trying to sound tough. That seemed to do it she jumped in her car after telling me that sammy was in her bedroom.

I hurried into the house throwing a glance in her bedroom making sure he was still peacefully asleep. I walked into the kitchen to prepare a delicous jam and peanut butter sandwich. As soon as i placed it on my plate, i heard a loud wail coming from upstairs.

I quickly ran to his room. I carried him resting my hand on his back as i rocked him back and forth til he calmed down. I walked out positioning him on my hip as i headed to the kitchen. Since ian was coming home today i promised I'll make him my special chocolate muffins.

I placed sammy in his high chair turning the tiny tv on, located on the counter, to his favorite cartoon. He may not speak yet but he seemed fascinated by the colors and shapes dancing on the screen. Once i was sure he was successfully distracted, i turned my attention to my recipe i wrote on my phone. Even though I've made them over ten times, i still can't memorize the exact measuring and process.

I climbed on the counter to open the cupboard. I pulled out all the necessary ingredients. I dosed everything putting them into the bowl before mixing the batter. I let it rest for a few minutes then placed the tray into the oven. I took a seat on the chair near sammy. I glanced at my phone grinning when i noticed several messages from Brian.

Brian: hello what's up?

Brian: helloooo??!

Brian: heyy cass answer me!

Me: I'm here. Sorry i was busy.

Brian: doing what?

Me: cooking muffins and babysitting sammy.

Brian: ooh i love muffins! Ugh now i wanna eat one. Why did you tell me?

Me: you're the one who asked!🤷‍♀️

Brian: whatever, i have a few hours off. So we can talk a little.

Me: sure, i have nothing to do but wait for my delicious warm muffins😋

Brian: you're so mean!😩

Me: so what do you wanna talk about?

Brian: i have an idea. Let's ask 20 questions to get to know each other more. And we have to answer honestly.

Me: that's a great idea. I'll go first. When is your birthday?

Brian: 5 august 1998