17~ Christmas

Christmas day

Cassandra's P.O.V
Christmas was my favorite holiday. All the neigbors were out on the street from dawn.

Eveyone had a specific job, all the men including my dad would help decorating the streets, either hanging Christmas lights, garlands on each post and wreathes at people's door or buidling small cute gingerbread houses between each block. The women were stuck in their kitchen preparing for their big family dinner as the smell of patisseries invaded the entire quarter.

While most girls and boys in my age would take charge in decorating the huge Christmas tree standing in the center of the city-It towered over all the houses, you can see from five blocks away. And the kids well ran around the park excited for santa's visit tonight.

The neighborhood was full of life and joy. But unfortunately the only problem here in san fransisco is that it rarely snows. That's why every year we spend Christmas at my grandparents in North Carolina. But i always refused to go there a few days earlier because i must participate in the tree decoration.

So now I was walking down the street with hayley by my side each one holding a big box filled with garlands and Christmas balls. We joined the others blasting some music as we danced happily hanging the ornaments on the branches. I felt a bit upset i never attended the party they held tonight, when they lit up the tree and start singing together. Hayley always sent me videos and as much as i wanted to stay, i couldn't disappoint my grandparents.

When everything was perfect, everyone strutted back home to welcome thier family coming from across the country. I said goodbye to hayley and strolled to the direction of my home. I walked slowly in no rush staring mesmerized at beauty of our streets. I'm not bragging or anything but i think we have the fanciest decoration in whole united state.

I was too busy taking pictures of the street that i didn't sense someone running past me until he grabbed my arm forcely pulling me with him. I gasped clutching my phone tightly as i lifted my head to find Ian. Who else could it be?

I screamed trying to escape from him or at least making him slow down."Cass you promised you'll help me buy gifts! Did you forget?" He snapped picking up the pace.

I hastily tugged my phone into my pocket and did my best to keep up with him. When he made sure i was running by his side he let go of my hand. I'd love to scold him and give him the same speech i repeat every year but at this point I'm doubt he ever lsitened to it. He'll never learn his lessons.

Every damn Christmas day he dragged me along with him to the mall to shop for gifts, just a few hours before we head to the airport. He pretend he doesn't time to buy sturf or whatever but apparently he does have time to annoy me.

We walked from store to store throwing a quick look and buying the first thing we liked. We baught a set of teacups and matching teapot for mom, she can show them off at her morning meeting with her friends, we also got a new set of golf for dad since he always complained how his were getting rusty and caused his lost several times-yet i doubt they were the reason and last we got a gorgeous diamond necklace.

Ian let out a relieved breath thanking over and over again for being there for him. "Okay so you're the only one left, why don't you give me a list and you can wait for me here while i get them" he suggested pointing to a near cafe.

He squinted his eyes in confusion when i shook my head "all my heart desire right now is a warm drink, painkillers and some flat shoes cause these boots are killing me" i whined stepping into the crowded cafe as i took a seat on a tiny table in the corner.

"Come one I'm not joking, please tell me. I'll get you anything" he pleaded caressing my hair.

I chuckled placing the heavy bags on the empty chair "I'm not either. Thanks to you i attended a shawn concert where i found the love of my life. There ain't anything that can top that" i smiled gesturing for him to sit next to me.