12~ The bitter truth

Cassandra's P.O.V

He just said he loved me...

It took me a long time to let it sink in. All I've ever wanted to hear is those three words and he finally confessed. To be honest when he hadn't try to take a next step, i started having second doubts but he finally did it.

It's almost made me forget about my fight with Hayley. On one side i wanted to kick her ass and her new boy but then Brian's words interfered again cutting my violent thoughts, no one had ever succeeded to crack my stubborn brain before not even my brother.

I loved hayley with all my heart and i never wanna see her suffering and I'm sure that's how she'll end up if she dated him. Though I've got to admit since she started going out with Jackson, she seemed happier and she told me how many sweet gifts he gave her and that he was attending the same college to become a lawyer. Maybe i was wrong... he has changed to a better man.

So here i was after two days standing in front hayley's house. To say i was nervous was an understatement. I stuck in my room the whole time trying to figure out what to say. I even practiced a speech which i forgot at the moment. I was ashamed of what i told her, i overreacted and acted like a bitch.

I held my breath as i heard the door knob twisting, hayley stood inside a mix of shock and relief on her face. We stayed quiet staring at each other. "Can i come in please" i mumbled breaking the akward silence as she nodded. I walked past her as she closed the door behind me. I sat down on the couch next to her, the akward tension settled again.

My legs were shaking anxiously as i chewed on my lips preparing my first statement. "Hayley..." i muttered to get her attention. She lifted but found it hard to make eye contact so i grabbed her chin fixing her eyes to me.

"I'm sorry for everything i did..." i began as her eyes widened clearly not expecting an apology. She opened her mouth to protest but i brushed my thumb against her lips to keep her quiet.

"I was a bit shocked since you know my problem with him. I was determinated to cut you out of my life but i knew i won't last a day without you. You're my sister hayley, i love you more than anything in this entire world and i just want you to be happy... even though i have doubts, i blindly trust you" she placed her hand above me a weak smile appearing on her face.

"And if you say he's changed then i believe you. Just know that whatever happens in the future, I'll support you in every desicion you make. If you're happy, I'll be happy too and if you're sad I'll comfort you and kick his ass... please forgive me i need you" i pleaded with a strangled voice my eyes already burning up with tears.

"Oh my god cass... of course i forgive you... but I'm the one who should be apologizing i lied and-" she choked out but i cut her off pulling in a hug.

My hand sneeked to her shoulders pulling her closer as she buried her face into my neck. "I promise you no one will ever get in between us... i love you" she mumbled.

"I love you too" i pulled away smiling.

I texted my parents informing them i was staying at hayley's, so we could have a girls night. We did our nails, watched chick flicks and cry our hearts out, discussed the new gossips in town, did some karaoke just like old times. I'm not glad of our argument but i feel like it braught us closer together.

Next day, hayley invited jackson to have lunch with us so i can meet his new improved self. And she was speaking the truth he really has changed from a douchbag to a nice gentleman and that's all i needed to know that he will treat right. They also invited me to their trip to New york. They were going there for a few days to check their new college and i abviously agreed to show my support. Little did she know it was a selfish act.
-------------
"Cassandra! Are you ready? We need to take some family pics before leaving" Ian called frustrated from downstairs. I told him I'll be down in a minute.