16~ The next step

Cassandra's P.O.V
After hours of studying, i decided to go out for some fresh air. I recently discovered there was a beautiful park two blocks away. I gathered my stuff in my bag and grabbed my guitar. Sometimes i practice a few songs if it wasn't too crowded. I slid my jacket on saying goodbye to lily.

The weather here was starting to show its true color. It's getting colder and colder everyday. I think that was one of the main reasons why i didn't wanna move here. I took a seat on the grass far away from the playground, leaning against a huge tree as i quietly strummed on my guitar.

Shawnie: hello goregous what's up?

Me: hey baby, nothing much. I'm at the park. Where are you?

Shawnie: I'm having lunch with the guys. you are coming to my apartment this afternoon right?

Me: of course as usual.

Shawnie: okay sweetheart see ya later. Love you.❤

Me: love you too baby.❤

Suddenly the wind picked up out of nowhere making the leaf flying around before the thunder crashed in the sky. I sighed swinging my bag over my shoulder as i ran out of the park. In matter of seconds, rain started pouring down heavily soaking me from head to toe. I cursed under my breath trying to walk under the building as i headed towards Shawn's apartment since it was closer than my dorm from there.

I knew the way perfectly by now since almost everyday after collage I'll pass by his house for dinner or movie night but i never stayed there. And when i wasn't able to come over he'd visit me and keep me company while i do my research.

By the time i arrived in front of his condo, i was completely wet leaving a trail of water stains on the floor from the elevator to his door. I knocked but he didn't answer which was predictable cause he just texted me earlier from the restaurant. There was no point in calling to rush him over here, he should arrive soon. I sat down at the door step placing my stuff on the floor. I pressed my head against the door closing my eyes.

"Cass baby what happened?" I opened my eyes staring at a very wet shawn. He offered his hand to help me up.

"Umm it started raining and i was close to your house. So i came a bit early" i replied giving him a kiss.

"How long have you been waiting there? Why didn't you call me?" He scowled pulling out his key.

"Not much half an hour maybe. I knew eventually you'll come home. I didn't wanna rush you either" i shrugged my shoulder following him inside the house. He shed off his coat and i removed my jacket to place it at the hunger.

He told me to wait in the hallway while he get me something to wear. "So i got this old sweater. I think it'll do it but if you're uncomfortable, i can search in my sister's cloth. I think you two share the same size" he rambled as i shook my head clutching the black hoodie closer to my chest before entering the bathroom.Who am i to refuse wearing his sweater?

I threw my wet clothes on the side drying my hair a little with the towel. The fabric was filled with his scent, i hummed in pleasure inhaling deeply... i never wanna take it off. I slid it over my head. It was twice my size and it almost reached to my knee covering my butt but that made it more comfy.

I picked up my clothes and placed them into the guest room or temporarily my room. Since i often came over at Shawn's, he suggested to use the guest room when i needed some privacy. My bag was already here but my guitar was no where in sight. I walked back into the empty livingroom where i found my guitar laying on the couch out of its case.

I heard a whistle echoing from the hallway. I chuckled turning around. Shawn has changed into a tank top putting his mascular arms on show in all their glory and some grey sweatpants and his still wet curls dangling on his face. "Wow it looks better on you. How am i suppose to wear it now after you?" he cheered loudly as my cheeks flushed red.